cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay up to no good again.

I recently read a post where a seller achieved top rated sellers status and his sales suddenly and suspiciously  tanked.

I was recently promoted from "rockstar" to  "super star" status in the ebay community.

Yesterday I had a zero sales day.

I can't help but wonder if the two are somehow connected.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

No, it has nothing to do with that.  More likely, yesterday only buyers from Wyoming, Arkansas and New Hampshire were able to see your listings.

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

No, it has nothing to do with that.  More likely, yesterday only buyers from Wyoming, Arkansas and New Hampshire were able to see your listings.

Thank you.

Can you help me?

I was unable to find the list online of which states can see my listings on which days.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 35
latest reply

There is no list, I've heard it's a random rotating sort of thing that eBay does to intentionally suppress sales.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

You must have missed the announcement of the new super-secret promotional program.

Ebay chooses a category of merchandise and displays only those items which are in that category which match the search.

Yesterday, the category was Beanie Babies.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

"I was unable to find the list online of which states can see my listings on which days."

I used to have that list but I lost it.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Only Puerto Rico could see my listings today.   So for today zero sales.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

Superstars don't need sales or money, because they are SUPERstars.  

Rockstars, on the other hand, since the 'changes in albums and album sales'- NEED money, so you would have, of course, received sales. 

But, not no more. 

Here's a little song

To help you along

Close the shop

Close the Store

Your selling days are now....no more

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

No good deed goes unpunished. 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Yesterday, 04-24-2024, was a peculiar day, numerically speaking. With three instances of the digit 2, three instances of the digit 4, and only two instances of the digit 0, it formed a unique pattern. According to my belief, this numerical combination could be considered an ominous sign for those with 'Super Star' status.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

Wait, I thought Wednesdays were 'Wyoming Wednesdays' where ebay hides your entire store except for JUST Wyoming?  

I guess I didn't see the Announcement post where Wyoming Wednesdays expanded to include AR and NH.... hmm, I guess I'll have to adjust my State-Specific coupons that run only on Wednesdays.

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

They probably realized you were selling more than the CEO and decided to put a stop. Can't have an eBay seller outpacing a CEO's sales. As you know, the CEO sells lots of inflatable pool floaties & foam noodles.

He doesn't want you to be top dog of eBay.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@hartungcards wrote:

There is no list, I've heard it's a random rotating sort of thing that eBay does to intentionally suppress sales.

"Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Must be a slow day on the boards for the full-timers... Cant find enough to rag on so have to make sport of it somehow huh? - So many posts yet so little time - Glad to see you all are using your time wisely and for the betterment of mankind...

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

It has become a tradition here.  Never let a concern about bad sales go unmocked.  "You have been a seller on eBay for 20 years?  Sales are so bad you cannot pay your bills?  Make sure you comment on the community where fellow sellers will point fingers at you.  'You don't know what you are doing.'  'Times change - deal with it' 'You should go take a 10-month course on what to sell.'  'Why are you even here trying to make money?'  Please remember, when you are homeless, to walk the streets wearing your eBay shirt so sellers who know what they are doing with get free advertising.  Meanwhile, we will see you wandering, telling others how you didn't sell what was in demand."  You never saw the commercial?  lol   

Message 15 of 35
latest reply