cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay shipping issues

I have been a power seller on Ebay for more years than I can remember. Now all my listings were set, against my permission, to ship anywhere in the world and I can't find where to STOP THAT! I only ship within the US. I have removed my items for sale and will no longer do business with Ebay. They are too controlling and impossible to deal with.

Some heroes wear capes - mine wears kevlar.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay shipping issues

@ssmarilynyahoo wrote:

I have been a power seller on Ebay for more years than I can remember. Now all my listings were set, against my permission, to ship anywhere in the world and I can't find where to STOP THAT! I only ship within the US. I have removed my items for sale and will no longer do business with Ebay. They are too controlling and impossible to deal with.

This is easily fixed.

eBay international shipping

Opting out of eBay International Shipping

You can opt out of eBay International Shipping at any time by updating your Shipping preferences - opens in new window or tab. If you choose to opt-out, you'll be asked to provide a reason why.

To opt out of eBay International Shipping:

1. Go to My eBay and select Account.
  2. Select Shipping preferences.
  3. Select Opt Out on the right-hand side of eBay International Shipping.
  4. Select Done.

(Absolutely agree with your signature!!!)

ETA: @ssmarilynyahoo 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay shipping issues

@ssmarilynyahoo wrote:

This is easily fixed.

eBay international shipping

Opting out of eBay International Shipping

You can opt out of eBay International Shipping at any time by updating your Shipping preferences - opens in new window or tab. If you choose to opt-out, you'll be asked to provide a reason why.

To opt out of eBay International Shipping:

1. Go to My eBay and select Account.
  2. Select Shipping preferences.
  3. Select Opt Out on the right-hand side of eBay International Shipping.
  4. Select Done.

(Absolutely agree with your signature!!!)

ETA: @ssmarilynyahoo 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

You can opt out in Shipping Preferences 

I use eIS I think it's great, all you're responsible for is mailing items to the shipping hub. Thats it. eBay handles the rest. 
As for power seller, eBay retired that in 2021. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

Easy to fix. Hard to become a seller on eBay. Why would you stop? You made it to become a seller.

And people can be jealous of you because you can sell and they do not.

There is a lot of reading and changes to make when selling.

It's not like posting an ad in a newspaper for an item for sale....LOL.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

I guess you don't need to know how to fix this if you will no longer do business with ebay.

BTW why would you not use EIS (ebay international shipping)?

Makes no sense.

I guess it's a moot point though since you will no longer do business with ebay.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

When I click on My Ebay, Account does not show up in the long drop-down list.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

Doesn't it cost a lot to ship international? Ebay is just getting to be too complicated. Used to be easy and fun, but no more. I'm just done. No problem!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

@ssmarilynyahoo wrote:

Doesn't it cost a lot to ship international? Ebay is just getting to be too complicated. Used to be easy and fun, but no more. I'm just done. No problem!

It costs YOU nothing.  You print out the label  ship it to ebay's US hub and they do the rest.   No extra work for you at all.  If you use this service and ANYTHING goes wrong, ebay will take care of it.   It's kind of a no-brainer.   Most sellers who don't want to use the program don't understand the program.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

Sometimes people just love to cut off their nose to....; oh, never mind.

But, for those that want to/need to READ and LEARN:

EIS lets YOU sell to ANYONE in the world WITHOUT....that is the BIG part....

WITHOUT having to worry about Refunding for ANY REASON once it is shipped (and received) to the USA Hub. From there- EIS handles ALL returns, refunds out of THIER Pocket etc. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

It's not on the My ebay drop down.

Click on your ID on the top LH corner where it says "Hi xxx" then you'll see 'settings' there.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Ebay shipping issues

@ssmarilynyahoo wrote:

@ssmarilynyahoo  Hopefully you're up and running again with your preferences changed.

But I have never used an eBay program to ship internationally - always did it myself and am a seasoned  international seller totally sceptical of eBay's 'programs',  and this one is so easy even I changed my options and went into it. Just sold a rare book to Australia. BUT, you can opt out, too.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 11
latest reply