cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay's new payout system..

I was notified today that an item was sold for $500, and to ship it out. They no longer have the money put into my Paypal account (even though the buyer 'pays' with Paypal). They put it in my bank account with a few days. So as of right now, I see no paid money anywhere. Which is why I've put in the option of shipping within '5' days (until I see the money, hopefully).  But....the buyer emails me that he only has $350 in his Paypal account and 'COULD HE' send me the $350 and the other $150 when the bank gets the transfer in. First of all, why is ebay telling me the item is sold and I should ship it out if his Paypal account only has $350 in it (short $150)? Is the item considered sold and paid for because the buyer supposedly has $150 in his bank account to cover it? If that is correct, now how long will it be before the money transferred to his Paypal account (4-5 days) will show up in 'my' bank account....another 4-5 days? This whole new payment system is for the birds.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Ebay's new payout system..

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

I love how 'I'll come around', 'it's a free country', 'I have every right', 'if his sales slow'.......maybe I eventually 'will' realize that. I don't know who you are, you can certainly have your righteous opinion. But if ebay can make and change their rules and way of doing things, so can the seller.

I stand by my statements.

You have every right to unnecessarily delay shipping the item to your buyers.

But eventually, you will realize that payments always clear, payouts always show up in your bank account, and nothing will happen to any item that is processing that would not happen to one that is in your bank account.

BTW, why did you add the unnecessary "eous" to the end of "right"? 🙂

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

you can certainly have your righteous opinion. But if ebay can make and change their rules and way of doing things, so can the seller.

There actually is no change to the rules. Once it says it is OK to ship then you ship.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

You  have every right to stand by your statements, it's a free country,. If there's people out there somewhere who never really 'sell' anything who know better, I should listen.

Message 18 of 33
latest reply

Lucky has a posting I.D. like 80% of all posters do. They have sold and shipped 100x more than you in many cases.

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

If there's people out there somewhere who never really 'sell' anything who know better, I should listen.

eBay's Multiple Account policy:

"There are many reasons why users would choose to have more than one eBay account."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/identity-policies/multiple-accounts-policy?id=4232

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for the information @chapeau-noir , that aligns with the way I thought it worked too.

Message 21 of 33
latest reply

Consider me corrected and put in my place. I shall send the item right out.

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

Consider me corrected and put in my place. I shall send the item right out.

You only need to ship within the handling time that you have in the listing😊

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

Duly noted. Thank you!

Message 24 of 33
latest reply

Now, after all this, questioning my grammer pretty much says it all....

Definition of righteous

1 :    acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
2a : morally right or justifiable a righteous decision
b :   arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality righteous indignation

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

Back to the topic of the OP.  The original post said "eBay notified them" that the item had sold.  The question I haven't seen asked, how did eBay notify you?  Is it showing in your seller account in the unshipped section as payment confirmed or did you just get an email/message saying the item is sold?  If it is NOT showing up in your unshipped section and have only gotten an email or message, you are probably getting scammed.

If it does show in your unshipped orders section, the money should show in your 'payments' page as either available or processing.  Either way, the money is there and you will get it.  As someone else has already said, eBay's "new" payment system has already processed billions of dollars in transactions and I have yet to see anyone post that they didn't get paid what they were owed. 

Just make sure this is a real order that has gone through eBay payments properly before you ship and not someone trying to confuse you into shipping an item to you when they didn't actually order it.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Thank you for your straight-forward explanation. It's only been a couple of months since ebay started this new payment plan. I'm probably not as up-to-date on all the specifics as I should be. This being an unusual thing to happen just got me confused. I got a notice from ebay the item was paid. Upon checking my 'sold' items, it showed having been paid for and to go ahead and ship. A minute later, I get the email from the buyer, that he only has $350 in his Paypal account, can I wait for the other $150 once the bank gets the transfer in in 4-5 days.  So I'm wondering 'how can it show being paid for'. Then a couple of hours later, he says: ''after talking to my wife, we just went ahead and bought it, came out of our Flagstar Bank until monies get transferred.''  So when he emails that he only paid $350, you really have to wonder what is going on, because with ebay's new payment plan, I can't see money in any account. I now know to check the option to 'view payment details', instead of checking Paypal first and my bank account second. Again, thank you 'lonebuck-books' for describing the procedure in a unpretentious manner and to the others who addressed my concern.

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

That does make perfect sense.  I just had never run into a situation where it is not approved (I mostly buy).  I have noticed that approval/denial time takes a little longer now... but that's all relative and still less than a minute.

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

@mikes60sstuff wrote:

Now, after all this, questioning my grammer pretty much says it all....

Definition of righteous

1 :    acting in accord with divine or moral law : free from guilt or sin
2a : morally right or justifiable a righteous decision
b :   arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality righteous indignation

I was not questioning your grammar, I was making a joke.

You said my opinion was "righteous" and I was suggesting that my opinion was "right".

Apparently you did find the humor in it that I did 🙂

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

You have set up a Payoneer account, right? Because you won't GET PAID unless you do. You still use PayPal TO PAY.

Unlike PayPal, which you can receive money instantly, Payoneer takes at up to 3 days to clear the funds.  eBay makes it sound like this Payoneer thing is wonderful. But at the end of the day it is their way to make even more money. I did some calculations and worked out how they turned this thing to their advantage (I am an overseas seller, so you can ignore the International Fee:

Fees and Payments

1. eBay now has TWO separate payment systems – PayPal and Payoneer.
  2. In order to get paid now, you must have a Payoneer account. Open one here if you do not have one - https://www.payoneer.com
  3. You can still send payment requests to anyone who has a PayPal account and eBay can also take money from your PayPal account if you have to refund a buyer or after you have bought (NOT sell) something on eBay. But the payment received (following sale) and the amount that will eventually be taken out of Payoneer (transferred to your own bank account) can only be done via Payoneer.
  4. Using PayPal as your payment method, the eBay fees – Final Value and Shipping – are 10%. This means if the price of the item is $5 and the shipping is $5 (i.e. $10), you will only receive $9. Then PayPal charges 5% (4 to 7% depending on the final price total: the cheaper the item, the higher % charge. Let's say 5% as standard). So combining eBay's 10% with PayPal fee's 5%, your $10 is now $8.50.
  5. Using Payoneer as your payment method, the way it works is a little more complicated. First there is this Final Value Fee, which is the total of both the item and shipping costs, at 12.55% and then the International Fee at 1.3% and a Per Order Fixed amount at US$0.3. Using the same $10 as an example, you will now get $8.32.
  6. So if you now look at what happens at the end of it all using the two payment systems, it would seem you get even less (Net) with Payoneer - $8.50 (PayPal) vs $8.32 (Payoneer).

However, since Payoneer uses a better exchange rate than PayPal does, I will actually be getting a tiny bit more upon transfer. 

Hope this helps you to get your head around this brand new way of taking money off you.

Message 30 of 33
latest reply