cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay permanently restricts my account and I have funds to withdraw.

Hi, I was recently permanently restricted from ebay selling. However, I had uploaded all necessary requirments to appeal the temporary restriction. Tracking shows item I sold had been delivered and I also have 160 dollars in funds I am now unable to withdraw because I am unable to payput unless this restriction is removed. Anyone from ebay watching, I hope you can resolve this before I have to go down to more drastic measures.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

" Anyone from ebay watching, I hope you can resolve this before I have to go down to more drastic measures."

Im sorry, but thats really funny, what' drastic measures' did you have in mind? As a new and infrequent seller, your funds will be held for up to thirty days. Have you submitted your ss# and checking acount information to register for Managed Payments?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If you are permanently restricted eBay may send your funds to your states escheatment department as unclaimed funds. This process usually takes 6 months to a year. 
Not exactly sure what drastic measure you refer to, if it's seeking a lawyer and taking eBay  to small claims court you will have to do that in California where eBay is located. All that will cost you a lot more than the funds you have on hold, but ok.  

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Do you have receipts for all those AirPods Max you sold for less than half retail?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This account is definitely toast as in naru. 

Posting ID
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Selling stolen airpods is no bueno

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

#1 - this is not eBay Customer Service.  We are all just eBay members like you, altho many of us have more experience.

#2 - there is a significant difference between a temporary restriction and a permanent one.  Temporary restrictions can be resolved.  Permanent restrictions, generally not.  Both are highly dependent on why you were restricted.

#3 - from comments from others, it sounds like you ran afoul of several no-no's -- Apple monitors their product sales closely, and if they can't confirm you are legit approved to resell, you'll get tagged.  If it happens enough, eBay will restrict until the issues can be worked out.

More details would help a lot.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The most drastic thing you can do is wait until they turn the funds over to your states unclaimed property, then get it from them.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The OP is NARU.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

There is an excellent chance that that $160 will be used to fund refunds to some or all of your customers should they open a claim.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

The OP is NARU.

Why is this not surprising?  Why do newbies wait until they are being pushed off the precipice before asking what they did wrong and how to fix it?  Why ask why?

I know this general topic has been discussed before.  It would be more helpful if he had taken the time to read the rules and browse thru the conversations to see if his plans had any 'issues'.  Coulda saved'm some headaches...

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 11 of 11
latest reply