cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay manipulates what items are shown or placed on Search.

I have 3 Ebay stores and usually sell most items on my first 2 stores. Funny this month all sales are on the smallest store number 3. There are a variety things on each store so it is not the content for sale.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay manipulates what items are shown or placed on Search.

Congratulations to little store number 3.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Might be what's in the title of the listings...."new...vintage" and so on. I would put those words in description and not the title.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

3 stores.

1 store is outselling the other 2.

Sounds like definite proof that ebay manipulates search.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I am wondering why anyone would have three stores.  Just me. I don't get it.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

True.

Especially when the OP says all 3 stores have a "variety" of items.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@pargran3 wrote:

Just a guess. A starter store at $4.95 per month gets 250 free listings. The next step up is a basic store at $21.75 per month with 1000 free listings.

3 stores at $4.95 = 14.85 for 750 free listings.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Ebay manipulates what items are shown or placed on Search.

Well not exactly.

@cashmeredelight wrote:

I have 3 Ebay stores and usually sell most items on my first 2 stores. Funny this month all sales are on the smallest store number 3. There are a variety things on each store so it is not the content for sale.

It is, correctly, not the content. It is the search terms that potential buyers enter. If their search matches your description then you're in. Of not then not. BUT Then eBay is faced with 200 items per page against in some case thousands and tens of thousand that fit that search to varying degrees. It is reasonable to believe that eBay rejiggers the items shown so that everyone eventually gets shown on the first page.

I like to think of it like a Ferris Wheel. Sometimes you will be at the top, sometimes the bottom but mostly somewhere in between.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@pargran3 wrote:

Just a guess. A starter store at $4.95 per month gets 250 free listings. The next step up is a basic store at $21.75 per month with 1000 free listings.

Sure but to have 3 stores you need 3 selling id's and each one already comes with 250 free listings. No need for any stores or $4.95/month (times 3).

I have 3 active selling accounts for this very reason, in the past when Stores had lower FVF rates (for all categories) I did subscribe to a store for the the free listings AND (mostly) the discounted FVF.  I shuttered my Store when the discounted FVF went away for my primary category (Media).

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It's the items, not the store.

Buyers DON'T search by 'store' so they input "keywords" (90% of the time) and or "look at categories" (10% of the time).

It just depends on what people are searching for at any particular time.

After all, you have 3 stores, so obviously 1 of them will do better than the other 2...until it don't (constantly changing). 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@richard1rst wrote:

@pargran3 wrote:

Sure but to have 3 stores you need 3 selling id's and each one already comes with 250 free listings. No need for any stores or $4.95/month (times 3).

I have 3 active selling accounts for this very reason, in the past when Stores had lower FVF rates (for all categories) I did subscribe to a store for the the free listings AND (mostly) the discounted FVF.  I shuttered my Store when the discounted FVF went away for my primary category (Media).

Well I did say it was just a guess. Being as I am at the other end of the bell curve I wasn't aware of the free 250 just for being here.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply