Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay intermediate payments announcement

Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

Re: Ebay intermediate payments announcement

I really hate Amazon's payment structure. By the time a buyer decides to return the item, Amazon has already automatically distributed funds to your account putting the burden of paying for the refund on new sales. If you don't have any new sales, then Amazon has to draft it from your bank. Total fail.

wrote:

I'd bet money we are all going to be paid every 2 weeks like Amazon sellers. ..

Message 91 of 324
latest reply

This sounds like it's about to get a lot like Amazon. I sell there, and currently rely on ebay and my website for instant-access cashflow (for the uninformed, Amazon holds all funds for 15 days, even if you've been selling for years). If this comes to mean what I think it does, it's about time for us to start putting an actual investment into our website - the Amazon reserve doesn't bother me as I use the revenue for my payroll (me and a part-time employee), so getting paid every two weeks is rather normal.

However, eBay's instant payments have been integral in my expansion strategy and one of the many reasons my $100,000 company only has $1,000 in debt.

Message 92 of 324
latest reply

Of course, this transistion from PayPal to Adyen requires that buyers sign up with Adyen.

I don't think so.  Sellers might have to sign up with Adyen though.

More likely, eBay will "intermediate" in both directions, no one will have to sign up or sign in anywhere else to transact. 

PayPal is not so swell, IMO.  When it comes to eBay users, many view PayPal as non-negotiable though.  I expect eBay will find they have to preserve the PayPal relationship (or at least acces to use PayPal) for a lot longer than 5 years.  But the de facto PayPal monopoly is not good... a lot of people cannot, or refuse to, use PayPal.  If they don't have a credit card to pay with, they're currently out of luck on eBay. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 93 of 324
latest reply

Got the eBay message about it on 2 accounts.  I don't know all the details on the eBay - PayPal split but I think there was a time set that they would keep doing business as it currently is.  I read through the eBay message once and will read it again for additional hiddening meanings but it sounds like there may be a future option to process through eBay ONLY at a reduced Fee amount, meaning the 2.9% going to PP in addition to the eBay fees would go away by NOT using PayPal.

I suspect that in that case eBay may have their own policies on how long a Buyer can wait before they process a claim ... right now its 30 days, PayPal is 180 ... if they limit it to 30 days that's good but if they decide to offer unlimited - no time limit returns then ... well, that's bad and would make the PP 180 days look good.   Anyway, it will be interesting to see the published details when they become available ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 94 of 324
latest reply

Oh, my god NO! Amazon does that!! It would be like a consignment shop where seller does all the work.
How could ebay claim to be a payment processor if they actually SLOWED down the flow of payments.
How could they hold money and not be regulated like a bank!
Message 95 of 324
latest reply

Hillar-ious
Message 96 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

Intermediation:  The act of coming between (you and your money).

Who knows how long it will be between paymenr made and funds received.

One can easily surmise eBay will want to collect interest on the "float," so it could be annoyingly long.

Right. 

Intermediary:  Bag man, Middleman

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 97 of 324
latest reply

The Selling board was down for me for hours this afternoon/early evening. Makes me think they limited access so the whole thing didn't blow a gasket giving everyone the latest "good news for sellers" at the same time. Meh, I'll deal with it, or not, as it rolls out and not worry about it now. 

They didn’t say it was your fault. They said they blame you.
Message 98 of 324
latest reply

"eBay will begin payments intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018"

Another fun holiday and Christmas, eh y'all?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 99 of 324
latest reply

Can't remember anything that involved a programming change that worked out the chute...
...and this one involves YOUR MONEY.
Let the games begin...
Message 100 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

Adyen is a global payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen has more than 5,000 customers and is privately held.

This statistic shows the number of total active registered user accounts to online payment platform PayPal. In the third quarter of 2017, more than 218 million accounts were active worldwide. PayPal is a global online payment business allowing users to make payments and money transfers online.

if the above is true... call me concerned about this new partnership....  

Perhaps Adyen is a viable company, but, for some reason, and even though it has been active for 12 years, 'Edgar', the record-keeping directory with the SEC has no record of them (privately held). 

With offices in San Francisco, New York and Boston, one would think there would be SOMETHING of note with the SEC, especially being a payment processing company.

I think the 5K customers are not 'people', but companies and corps.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 101 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

Adyen is a global payment company that allows businesses to accept e-commerce, mobile, and point-of-sale payments. Adyen has more than 5,000 customers and is privately held.

This statistic shows the number of total active registered user accounts to online payment platform PayPal. In the third quarter of 2017, more than 218 million accounts were active worldwide. PayPal is a global online payment business allowing users to make payments and money transfers online.

People should look just a little deeper in Ayden before they brush them off as some sort of small time operation.

5000 customers means 5000 corporate customers, eBay would be just one more. Adding eBay will make Ayden about half the size of PayPal in terms of processing volume.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/adyen-company-behind-facebook-and-uber-payments-reveals-huge-transac...

Message 102 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

People should look just a little deeper in Ayden before they brush them off as some sort of small time operation.

5000 customers means 5000 corporate customers, eBay would be just one more. Adding eBay will make Ayden about half the size of PayPal in terms of processing volume.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/08/adyen-company-behind-facebook-and-uber-payments-reveals-huge-transac...

Interesting. Now if eBay can just get all the interface right without the usual glitches it might work. I wonder how many buyers will be willing to switch over from PayPal. 

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 103 of 324
latest reply

They only have 600 employees; Paypal has close to 20,000 employees.   

Message 104 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Interesting. Now if eBay can just get all the interface right without the usual glitches it might work. I wonder how many buyers will be willing to switch over from PayPal. 

Fancy  I have been on Adyen website  They got lot of bell's whistle's  , I check out get a account  I don't even come close to meet their requirements to use them. Ebay may signed a contract to get here , but ebay isn't the middle man .   It is a Merchant account  service . with no seller protections  . sellers will be more hands on in charge back dispute  , unlike paypal . I  would not be suprised that the charge back fee is higher .     Ebay  jumped the shark on this.  

Message 105 of 324
latest reply