Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay intermediate payments announcement

Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

Re: Ebay intermediate payments announcement

Ebay can't handle running a website, how the heck will they handle processing payments?  I forsee a train wreck unamused

Ebay is going to handle payments?  This scares me silly.

Considering the constant stream of Marketplace site glitches (i.e. the recent "confusion" over 1st Class International shipping), unannounced beta tests, and bungled roll-outs, the last thing I will look forward to is eBay (and Adyen, as menitoned in the annoucement) in charge of the money.

I'm old enough on the site to remember Billpoint--eBay's last attempt to handle payments.

Let's hope that "Adyen, a leading global payments processor" is all that eBay supposes it to be. 

Off the Google to check out Adyen.

Message 31 of 324
latest reply

They're going to call this brand new payment system Billpoint.

Message 32 of 324
latest reply

I remember when all my listings had a bidpay logo in them and I had to remove them all when we couldn't take that anymore. I dunno...

Message 33 of 324
latest reply

The official email from Ebay just hit my inbox.

I have a sinking feeling in my stomach...

I have yet to see Ebay transition anything smoothly in the almost 15 years I've been selling. Oy...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 34 of 324
latest reply

wrote:

They're going to call this brand new payment system Billpoint.

billpoint.jpg

Message 35 of 324
latest reply

I will drop dead before i give ebay my bank account numer an authorise an automatic ACH. I am sure there will be a clause in pages and pages of print where you give them concent to debit the acount as they see fit. Hell no!

PS we all know how ebay disputes work, sounds like sellers will have to spread their cheeks even wider

Message 36 of 324
latest reply

I trust Pay Pal with my money--I have never heard of this AYDEN, and I am looking it up. Security/great reputation with years and years of experitse IS PAY PAL.

Message 37 of 324
latest reply

This might not be a bad idea. Maybe eBay will benefit by not refunding every buyer for every little thing. Hopefully there’ll be some monetary incentive for eBay to side with sellers or give us more control.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 38 of 324
latest reply

I thought the same thing as soobieworld. I think I'll set up a new account and pull money out of it daily to prevent ebay having its hand in my pocket.

Message 39 of 324
latest reply

That is what I am afraid of. What if they do what Amazon does and hold your money forever, and piddle it out $7.00 at a time, unless you have another sale, then they hold it again for another week or so. God .... Please do not do that to us.
Message 40 of 324
latest reply

I hope not, that would suck......

Have a great day.
Message 41 of 324
latest reply

I may be wrong but I think the buyers will resist this more than sellers.  Buyers trust and use paypal and not just for eBay.

Message 42 of 324
latest reply

A Google search found that Adyen in a Dutch company, founded in 2006, with headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in London and San Francisco.

Of course, this transistion from PayPal to Adyen requires that buyers sign up with Adyen.

As someone who buys on eBay, I look forward to seeing eBay's efforts to convince me and other buyers to enroll with Adyen and entrust it with my financial information 

Message 43 of 324
latest reply

You are absolutely correct. They would have total control of our personal finances and would hand it all over to any and all unsatisfied buyers. This is like any other change Ebay makes , It's all for their profits and we pay the price.
Message 44 of 324
latest reply

I've been a PayPal-only online shopper for several years now...if the merchant doesn't use PayPal...I don't shop there. You can always find the same item at another merchant.
And as a seller on eBay...they will never get all my CC and bank info that PayPal already has....like why would I want to give that to eBay...when the whole point of using PayPal was to STOP giving out my CC/bank info to other merchanets/websites.
So when eBay completely cuts ties with PayPal and forces buyers/sellers to use their payments only...that will be it for me. So there about 3 years to go before that takes place.

What I don't get...I thought eBay owns PayPal....or have they sold it off...???
If they still own it...why do they need a different company to manage payments...???

Message 45 of 324
latest reply