cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay ignoring me! There’s no sellers protection!

Hi,

I’m an ebay member for about 15 years, my feedback is 100%. On march I’d sold a pair of car spotlights to this ebay member. I shipped the package at 21th of march, using CTT (portuguese post service), unfortunately as it left Portugal by 23th of march, there’s no more tracking available, so just by the beggining of april, the buyer taking advantage of the situation start asking for it. As the prediction limit date ended, at 8 of april, he immediatly opened a case, unfortunately as I had no time to get proofs from CTT, ebay closed the case on his favour, so I was literally robbed for 250 usd more shipping costs. Finally at 17th of april, CTT responded with an e-mail saying it was delivered personally and sent a printscreen (from USPS) with the buyers name, date and time. From that point till now, every ebay’s support person as a different opinion on the case, and lately they ignore my messages, one of their emails, told me to contact the member directly, but as expected this scammer, still claimes he never received!

What else can I do??

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Contact eBay through Facebook(eBay for business) and appeal their decision to refund the buyer. Be patient with receiving a reply and the verification process on Facebook. Good Luck.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

I'm sorry this has happened.    

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

Sorry, I don't think a email saying it was delivered is proof of delivery.

You need to provide a valid/working tracking number in a item not received case.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Hi, I know that it’s not enough, and I’m still waiting for more info from the post service, and the tracking to be updated (they claim that this is USPS duty) but as I said before they sent me an USPS with buyers signature, that has to prove anything I think, otherwise I have the official e-mails I could provide ebay…

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

Contact eBay through Facebook(eBay for business) and appeal their decision to refund the buyer. Be patient with receiving a reply and the verification process on Facebook. Good Luck.

Message 5 of 34
latest reply

@zccardoso With your new evidence, you can appeal the ruling by eBay. The link below has the instructions on how to officially appeal. Good luck to you!

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/managing-returns-refunds/appeal-ebay%E2%80%99s-decision-return-mis...

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

This is really ridiculous, so I’m still waiting for an answer with another official document or even an update of the tracking events, but they answered me this, how could this be real? so the buyer accepts a package, keeps it, I had to refund him, and even I’m an older member with perfect feedback that doesn’t have any value!

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

DB6E5642-BD5C-413B-8985-85F676998E07.png

Just followed your suggestion and also send a facebook message to USPS they replied this but can’t help me further, this is a really stupid situation, I requested a trackable service, and nobody can help me

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

Do you have a US tracking number anywhere in this?  Or can you check your Portugese tracking number on one of the many websites for International Tracking, such as Ship24?  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

86174249-7822-4DBB-9E88-A2E69BF2F936.png

Unfortunately with the Portuguese tracking number: RT143444605PT only has events in Portugal until it left the country at 03/23 due to USPS maybe hasn’t scan it since then, meanwhile I received from portuguese post service, as I used a trackable service, the delivery proof signed by the receiver (same name as the buyer of course) but ebay doesn’t accept that, I also contacted USPS by messenger and they answer me that it was signed delivered and their work was done, so they can’t do anything more!

Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Yeah, I think you're either going to need a Tracking # that says "Delivered" or maybe they would accept a copy of the signature on the Signature Confimation.  I know that you can get a copy of that via USPS, b/c I've done it, but it was so long ago, I don't recall the details of how.   USPS website should have a link somewhere.  That's usps.gov .  I am not certain if eBay would accept that though.  If you can find out if there was ever a USPS tracking number, then you can check it to see if there's a Delivered scan.  There almost always is (especially if they got a signature) & if you have that, you definitely can win the case.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Now even USPS is ignoring me and closed the chat 😣, I really don't understand this people. Can you believe it? I just can't cope with injustice, and as I know that this scammer received, I have proof, what an unfair situation...

IMG_2896.PNG

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

unfortunately as it left Portugal by 23th of march, there’s no more tracking available, so just by the beggining of april, the buyer taking advantage of the situation start asking for it.

You sold a $250 item on March 21st.

It was estimated to be delivered on April 8.

The buyer is claiming it has not been delivered.

You did not use a tracked service.

You lost the claim.

On April 17, the Portugese postal service confirmed delivery.

My question would be the same as an eBay customer rep.

If the shipment is not tracked, how did CTT know it was delivered?
 If it was shipped to the USA, do you have USPS Proof of Delivery?

If the shipment is  not delivered, the seller refunds.

If the shipment is late, the seller refunds.

Some things are not meant for mail order.

Tracking is  Seller Protection. If you do not use the protection, you made a choice as a grownup.

I think you are saying that you used Registered  Mail. This has not been accepted as tracking by Universal Postal Union members, except domestically, for over a decade.

Canada Post only allows Registered service for documents, not for goods. This may also be true for CTT and for USPS.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

sorry for my english, maybe that's the problem.

I used a trackable service, unfortunately sometimes it happens that it only has tracking events in portugal, when it reached USA no one scanned the package again. Lately CTT, after asking USPS a proof of delivery, sent me a signed document with the date and time of delivery, still ebay doesn't accept that.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

No they will not ,do anything, and are in fact an accessory to this crime. I had a similar thing happen were a "buyer" "stealer" ended up with the parts and the money. Apparently the thing to do is file a police report, there send a certified legal document to that local police dept. and send a copy certified mail to the worthless ebay, I am doing the same thing now. Hopefully somebody pipes up with some better idea..

Message 15 of 34
latest reply