cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Pay for Item When Fake account Bidders Bid on our items and don't pay

How about if Ebay contiues to fail at correcting this problem, instead of seller having to open case against fake bidder/account , Ebay pay for the item directly to the seller and give final value credit and 5 free insertion credit to seller for inconvinence of having to deal with this problem.... I know this will never happen but sure get tired of this, and I know I can do buy it now with Immediate Payment, but I like doing Auctions to let the bidders decide how much they want to pay. Is there a answer and I got all my preference set to limit this... Thank you

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Ebay Pay for Item When Fake account Bidders Bid on our items and don't pay

eBay  does give sellers  options to recover your FVF by opening a UPI case and  give you an opportunity to re sell the same item or set your buyer preferences to the strictest settings to minimize non payers and of course sellers can choose to go to fixed price listings with IPR. 

eBay or any other venue doesn't  guarantee any sales booking to be bullet proof - people are just people.  Having  been  in sales as a 41 year  career I can attest to that.   But in Utopia things will run perfectly - just  gotta' find it.

With your idea guess you would be required to  ship the UPI item to eBay  before they would pay you and trust the item was 100% as described othewise they should have the option to  open a SNAD - that  seems  fair from here.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

eBay has a tool called unpaid item assistant that will open the unpaid items disputes for you and also close them for you without any extra effort from you. 

Here is a help page for this tool  -  Click Here

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

That's the trade off.  You prefer auctions, you risk no pays.

You list fixed price, IPR, you don't get no pays.

Over 80% of Ebay listings are fixed price, IPR.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@castlemagicmemories

FYI with  IPR on fixed listing or BIN option on auction listing, you still can get a non payer.  But the listing remains open to other buyers to come along  buy and pay for the item at the fixed price or BIN while the first semi- interested party  snoozes.   The IPR option  avoids the 6 (or 7)  day wait period  to  relist the the item.   Not  certain how you would recognize a non payer on an IPR listing.   We only use fixed listing w/IPR and haven't seen any signs/notifications of a non payer. 

Of course, the BIN option on auction style listings goes away  when the first bid is entered.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@johnrj1226

I see what you are saying but you really can't get a non payer because they haven't bought it, since the listing remains up.  They have tried to buy it, but since they couldn't/didn't pay immediately, they didn't buy it, because, as you say, the listing remains up for the serious buyer who will buy it and meet the IPR requirement, thus paying immediately.

Since there isn't a non payer on an IPR listing, you don't need to know who it was.

You could stretch a  point and say you could get a non payer on a fixed price, IPR listing, IF the buyer paid and then asked for a cancellation, but still, they DID pay, they just changed their mind.

As for auction listings with a BIN, without IPR, you can get a no payer.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

here is how eBay states the IPR

How immediate payment works

You can require immediate payment in both fixed price listings, as well as auction-style listings with a Buy It Now option.

Here's how it works:

• Fixed price: When you require immediate payment in a fixed price listing, the first person who selects Buy It Now and completes the PayPal transaction gets the item
  • Auction with Buy It Now: Immediate payment only applies to Buy It Now transactions, so when a bid is placed the immediate payment requirement disappears. (If you listed with a reserve price, it disappears after the reserve price is met). The listing then becomes a regular auction listing and the highest bidder wins
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@johnrj1226

Exactly what I said!  Thank you!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

How about if Ebay contiues to fail at correcting this problem

Ebay has not failed at correcting the problem - because eBay has never even tried to correct the problem. They simply gave sellers an alternative (fixed price/immediate payment required). 

instead of seller having to open case against fake bidder/account , Ebay pay for the item directly to the seller

ROTFL. I price my beanies babie at $1,000 each, and have a dozen friends create fake accounts to buy them. Working one hour a month I can have a guaranteed six-figure income ... and no fees! Well, in theory anyway. Because after a few months eBay would be bankrupt 🙂

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

A no payer may simply be a no payer, not a fake account.  And Ebay is not going to assume their debts since they do provide a means for listings to require immediate payment.  

A draw back of auctions has always been the fact that you may get a non payer.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

If you're not going to use the tools that prevent npb, you're going to get stuck with npb.

BTW, suggest that you read up on mobile optimization.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply