cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Item not recieved policy

I had a buyer make a purchase from me Feb. 14th at 8:53 PM. I shipped on the 15th in the morning. I used ebay standard  envelope. This morning the 17th at  7.00 AM I have 5 item not received cases opened against me. When I look at my listings the shipping say the buyer should receive in 4 to 6 days. I called customer support and talked to an agent and asked how the buyer could open a case on a purchase that has been in the mail  for less than 44 hours. He told me it was the new policy. I questioned him on that because i thought  you couldn't open a case until after the scheduled delivery date. He said he would write a report . Ha Ha. Does anyone here know the up to date policy on opening an item not received case?

Thanks

Jeff

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Does tracking show delivered?

Standard envelope is good about showing delivered, but doesn't get delivered for a couple days.

Have a great day.
Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Can you tell us the estimated delivery date on each one of those transactions?

If that date has not yet passed, the buyer(s) should not have been able to open cases.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

A "new policy" that allows a buyer to open an INR case BEFORE the last estimated delivery date? 

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

@johnjefprks 

Your eBay Standard Envelopes (ESEs) may have become victims of the dreaded USPS three-day weekend.

First of all -- did you mail your ESEs in the "Metered Mail" slot in your post office lobby?  If you did, that's a big help, as all that "metered mail" is pre-sorted and can be loaded right into the high-speed (32,000 envelopes her hour!) sorting machines as soon as they arrive at your USPS Distribution Center, which is very likely in another city, or even in another county.

However. . .since you mailed your ESEs on Thursday February 15, that means that USPS did not pick up that mail until late in the afternoon that day -- and (due to the three-day holiday, with some USPS employees sloughing off on the day before) that mail may not even have been accepted at the next USPS Distribution Center yet, and may still be sitting inside a USPS truck -- where it will possibly remain until Tuesday February 20.

But wait -- it gets worse.

If you simply handed your ESEs to a USPS counter clerk, or your USPS delivery carrier, or mailed them from your own home mailbox or a USPS "blue box," or a business mail box -- the ESEs will not be receiving an "Accepted" scan, until they have been sorted at the USPS Distribution Center.  And, since you haven't yet seen an "Accepted" scan, the earliest possible day is Tuesday February 20 -- and even later.

Which is why several of us keep recommending to mail the ESEs only in the "Metered Mail" slot in the post office lobbies -- the ESEs often move faster, acquiring that most-important "Accepted" scan within only a day or so.

As for why your buyers are opening up "item not received" cases already -- that's just plain crazy, considering the USPS three-day weekend.  And any eBay customer service reps that believe that that's legitimate should re-read the eBay handbook on delivery estimates.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

I have been using ese since it started and went through all the growing pains and there were quite a few.

I have shipped over 50,000 orders using it. I put them in my mailbox and the mailman picks them up.

I haven't had any problems in that regard.  I thought I knew the policy but the rep said they changed it.

That is why I am asking if anyone has heard about it. So I know if he was pulling my leg, to put it nicely. In the past if I tried to open a INR case I had to wait until two days after the last scheduled delivery date. Less than two days after it was shipped seemed a little ridiculous.

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Yes, I know it seems crazy.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

4 to 6 days after purchase is what it says when I set up my shipping policys in my listings. Even that is pushing it the way the post office performs now a days.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

I have been thru that one many, many times.

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

Some clarification you say you mailed one on the 14th then you get 5 INR cases? All from the same buyer?

thanks

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

I haven't heard of any new policy, yet.

But, if tracking shows it was delivered and it wasn't, they can open an INR, even if the estimated delivery date hasn't passed, because tracking shows the item was delivered.

Have a great day.
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Yes, same order. 5 different cards in the order.

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I don't know about you. But I have never had a ESE delivered from Cali to New Jersey in less than 44 hours  which is how long Ebay made him wait to open the case. I kind of know how my post office operates My post man picked up my mail sometime around 2:30 PM on the 15th. It gets to my post office sometime around 5:00 PM then they ship it to the hub some time that evening and my hub will usually scan it the next day then it can take up to 4 or 5 days to get to New Jersey, At least the last order from this buyer did. Then a day or two to be delivered.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

I called customer support and talked to an agent and asked

Never trust any answer you are given on the phone.*

Put the tracking numbers for your shipment(s) into the Dispute.

By the time the robot completes the Dispute, the numbers should show delivery.

If you plan to use the service in future, add a day or two to your Handling time.

And of course, when all this is settled put the scammer on your Blocked Bidder List.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

Thank you, That was already the plan. But it upsets me that the buyer was able to open a case in less than 2 days. The item was scheduled to be delivered on the 23rd. I read these boards a couple of times daily so I know how the CS agents can be. I just want to make sure if the guy was full of it.

Thanks.

Jeff

Message 15 of 41
latest reply