cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Commercials?

I'm in Chicago an never see any TV Commercials from ebay on my local stations. Does anyone else see or Not see the same. Ebay Please Invest in some TV Time! We need sales🤞 Fishing  is Great 🎣

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ebay Commercials?

Can pay Weird Al to play his eBay song as background music.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay Commercials?

Anonymous
Not applicable

No offense intended, but the LAST thing this world needs is more commercials.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

Only if they get a better ad team - their last two TV ads I saw were awful.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

I totally agree... however if Ebay is going to bring in massive amounts of revenue here they might as well dish some back out for us. Somewhere else like a Billboard.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

I've been hearing eBay commercials on Radio America online, pushing Ebay for refurbished items. This is in the AM, between 7 & 9 AM when I listen. I don't sell refurbished items, & would never buy them. If a manufacturer has so many items returned that they have to refurbish them to not go broke, I don't want it as it must have serious design flaws. But Ebay says refurbished is the hottest thing going.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

@Anonymous wrote:

No offense intended, but the LAST thing this world needs is more commercials.

I stream everything specifically so I DON'T have to see commercials. I love it-- haven't seen a commercial in years.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

@aeparts1 wrote:

I've been hearing eBay commercials on Radio America online, pushing Ebay for refurbished items. This is in the AM, between 7 & 9 AM when I listen. I don't sell refurbished items, & would never buy them. If a manufacturer has so many items returned that they have to refurbish them to not go broke, I don't want it as it must have serious design flaws. But Ebay says refurbished is the hottest thing going.

I sell refurbished items and I'm glad to hear that eBay is pushing the category!   My refurbished items are no longer available on the primary market and people are glad to get them.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

This is a big issue! So many thoughts here that there is no way I can cover.

Just seen this on the discussion board. Share your knowledge and expertise with other sellers at eBay Open Online, August 4-6. So, shouldn't eBay be hiring people for their knowledge and not just take advantage of free social posts? Why should I share my knowledge to benefit eBay as my sales tank? I have no problem helping another seller identify an item or if the feel they are being scammed. 

eBay needs to hire knowledge people on products and not just technology which I know is another current issue on the changes that have been made.

eBay does not advertise! Everyday I watch the news (30 minutes only) or look at a couple credited news websites, it's all about Apple, Amazon, Starbucks, Walmart, or that junk crypto currency.

Why does the news cover these things? Is it just based on social media posts or that these companies spend a little $$ on media release and every network jumps on it to fill the empty news voids?

eBay has a great product! They just know how to market it and protect sellers from scams like PayPal did. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

eBay has a great product! They just know how to market it and protect sellers from scams like PayPal did. 

@sextons-sweet-deals  I think you meant "don't know" otw I agree with most everything you said😁

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

your correct!

thank you!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

correction to my post!

eBay has a great product! They just don't know how to market it and protect sellers from scams like PayPal did. 

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

Can pay Weird Al to play his eBay song as background music.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

You are so right. I too have so many ideas but ebays staff needs to earn their pay. So Coke advertises and you buy more Coke. Ford is advertising Electric Truck s wow sales are up. Ebay advertises ??? Sales are yep???? It's just good business to spend money to make money. No mystery. Oh yeh that Dealdas h site spends a ton on TV ads . Really DD. Come on my Partner. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

Why should I share my knowledge to benefit eBay as my sales tank? I have no problem helping another seller identify an item or if the feel they are being scammed. 

Thought the same thing when I first saw the banner.  No different than when they did e-Bay "live" and encouraged other Sellers to share their success stories, but also share "how" they built that success.

You'd have several sellers on panel with several different selling disciplines.  It's not exactly like asking for your resources to source your product(s), but it is still your intellectual capital.  

The e-bay "email" ads, that we get daily are horrible, poorly worded and could be SO much better.  

It's clear based on the recent Seller alienation that getting your Sellers to be your "best" advertisers is not likely viable right now.  

The shopping "experience" needs to be a positive "experience" for both sides (sellers and buyers).  

If they won't spend $$ on advertising right now, they should at least offer better discounts to a Seller or off-set rewards for all the change hassles - something.  Won't happen, but it should.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Ebay Commercials?

Not what I was assking.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply