cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTORTING BUYER

The buyer is an extortionist!  He claimed evey single item in his shipment was damaged.  When asked to present the product to USPS for inspection, REFUSED.  Ebay forced me to refund him even though he never returned the product.  He got me for $900.  And Ebay also had to pay him $900 on another order.  He got to keep my products.  He has several accounts.  I have reported him to Ebay and Ebay has NOT SHUT HIM DOWN.  Since then he has continued to buy, scam people out of money and leave negative feedback.

He had me duped the first time because he gave me positive feedback.  But then continued to claim all canisters were busted.  I think he buys under    and steals from sellers then resales it under his other accounts.

BLOCK ALL OF THESE OF YOU WILL PAY THE PRICE (LITERALLY)!!!

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

EXTORTING BUYER

The ONLY way this happens is if you refuse to resolve the SNAD case. I'm sorry this happened to you but you really need to understand the rules of eBay before you sell here. I posted about SNAD claims and how to fight them (on this id) back in Nov 2016. You can read about it by clicking on my name and doing a search for SNAD. It will tell you everything you need to know about the return process and SNAD.

Message 2 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

BTW, there seems to be a history on this guy if you look at Feedback left. LOT's of red donuts all around Advocare, all damaged goods. This is someone that is obviously abusing the eBay MBG or has really bad luck.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@phcd1 wrote:

The ONLY way this happens is if you refuse to resolve the SNAD case. I'm sorry this happened to you but you really need to understand the rules of eBay before you sell here. I posted about SNAD claims and how to fight them (on this id) back in Nov 2016. You can read about it by clicking on my name and doing a search for SNAD. It will tell you everything you need to know about the return process and SNAD.

Assuming that I've found the right posting of yours that you're referring to, you could just copy-and-paste this link as a reference in future: 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/SNAD-claims-CAN-be-won/m-p/26168486

As for the nightmare buyer in this thread, I agree that he's got quite an agenda. He seems to have bullying refunds down to a science, perhaps reselling the items himself. In any event, the moral is to always say Return for Refund (especially in cases like this one, where the buyer's Feedback Left for Others has more red donuts than Valentine's Day at the Dunkin' place...).

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@a_c_green

@a_c_green wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

Assuming that I've found the right posting of yours that you're referring to, you could just copy-and-paste this link as a reference in future: 

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/SNAD-claims-CAN-be-won/m-p/26168486

As for the nightmare buyer in this thread, I agree that he's got quite an agenda. He seems to have bullying refunds down to a science, perhaps reselling the items himself. In any event, the moral is to always say Return for Refund (especially in cases like this one, where the buyer's Feedback Left for Others has more red donuts than Valentine's Day at the Dunkin' place...).

This is really the kind of thing eBay should be on top of themselves and shut these kind of people down for life ...

@phcd1, @adabailey_92

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 5 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

OP, I'll bet that you can find a lot more ids if you do a search for like items near your buyers zip code - seems he buys and sells on the same ids.

ebay will do nothing about him, if ebay is making fvfs off your sale and then your buyer resells the items on ebay, that's 2 times the money ebay is making, why kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.  And all the sales that the buyer is making, knowing that they will get the items for free eventually, the lure is too great.  That is the cost of doing business on ebay, if a seller is not aware of the risks.

What you need to do is report the buyer to the post office for using the mail to fraud and to the buyers local police dept for internet fraud.  If enough reports are filed, eventually something will be done about them.

And you should go into your seller preferences and limit the amount of items a buyer can buy off you in a week.

(*Bleep*)
Message 6 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@adabailey_92

If it is the same guy that I find when I Google ... Send an anonymous letter to the Georgia Bar Association regarding his fraudulent activity ... supposedly (and the ID backs it up) ... he's a lawyer 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@adabailey_92

If it is the same guy that I find when I Google ... Send an anonymous letter to the Georgia Bar Association regarding his fraudulent activity ... supposedly (and the ID backs it up) ... he's a lawyer 😞

I thought he was a lawyer too, but I was unable to back up my theory with proof, just yet. No matter what, this guy doesn't even try to cover up what he's doing. There IS enough proof for a postal fraud investigation though (as rose suggested).

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

He sent me an email with all his lawyer information attached trying to be intimidating.  I have reported him to the Georgia Bar.  

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@retrose1 wrote:

OP, I'll bet that you can find a lot more ids if you do a search for like items near your buyers zip code - seems he buys and sells on the same ids.

I agree. I followed some of his Negs on to the Feedback pages of some of the sellers he's victimized, and it appeared that some sellers may have been hit from more than one account of his. The seller would have not just one Neg but a flurry of them from supposedly different IDs but all making similar-sounding complaints. In particular, the problem buyer here seems to like the word "awful" and uses it frequently, and I noticed that Negs supposedly from other buyers tended to use "awful" as well.

Message 10 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@adabailey_92 wrote:

He sent me an email with all his lawyer information attached trying to be intimidating.  I have reported him to the Georgia Bar.  

Winner, winner, Chicken dinner!

Now add a mail fraud investigation to that and that will keep him busy.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

@adabailey_92 wrote:

Sweet. Please update us on how this goes. You might need to start a new thread in order to do so (*cough* Smiley Wink), but a line or two of background story in your first paragraph will give us all we need to remember where you're coming from. Good luck!

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

He does sell Advocare on Ebay under the other accounts.  All of them have tried to order from me.  But since I have all of his addresses on file now because of the other cases I refund him right away.  He is an Advocare Rep. I think he does it this way to get products for free and then resale them on Ebay so he doesn't get shut down through Advocare.

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

Hopefully as many people as possible can get these other accounts and block them before this happens.

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

EXTORTING BUYER

I have Facebook. I will post on there as well.
Message 15 of 39
latest reply