cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay now won't help with a false INAD for three days?

I'm dealing with a situation that unfortunately I've dealt with several times in the past : a buyer opening a false INAD case to force a remorse return for a clothing item that was listed with measurements. (In this situation, there are clear messages through the eBay messaging system where the buyer clearly states that she just doesn't like the fit).

In the past, I've always been able to call in right away (minutes after the cases have been opened) and have them closed in my favor. This time, though, the (American) reps are all insisting that they can't do anything until three business days have passed (even though they all agree that it's remorse and can be closed in my favor).

Is this a new policy? Do they really think it's better for me to just ignore the buyer for three days until they finally decide to they can be bothered to help, rather than taking care of it right away? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Yes, eBay is enforcing the policy that the 3 business days is only for the buyer and seller to "work it out".

By definition, eBay cannot lift a finger until after the request is escalated and someone clicks or calls eBay to "ask us to step in" and make a decision. This has been slipping with sellers calling ahead of time for eBay to take action before that deadline.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@designerconsignertampa wrote:

I'm dealing with a situation that unfortunately I've dealt with several times in the past : a buyer opening a false INAD case to force a remorse return for a clothing item that was listed with measurements. (In this situation, there are clear messages through the eBay messaging system where the buyer clearly states that she just doesn't like the fit).

In the past, I've always been able to call in right away (minutes after the cases have been opened) and have them closed in my favor. This time, though, the (American) reps are all insisting that they can't do anything until three business days have passed (even though they all agree that it's remorse and can be closed in my favor).

Is this a new policy? Do they really think it's better for me to just ignore the buyer for three days until they finally decide to they can be bothered to help, rather than taking care of it right away? 

Have never heard of CS not just closing this out on your call.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Yes, but if Ebay is asked to step in, seller gets a defect, so what is seller to do?

Thanks, Tarpedge.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

First eBay will change the reason to remorse when the request is escalated, the buyer is now required to pay for return shipping, and the seller will get a defect.

Then the seller has to call, perhaps more than once, to get that defect removed, regardless if the buyer actually returns or not.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, Tarpedge, the situation just sounds unfair to me, either way the seller gets a defect, and has to call.

I think Ebay could save money if they eliminated situations where a seller has to call to resolve something like that.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

No, it't not a new policy, it's lack of knowledge on how to DO THEIR JOB..and we should be compensated for the time they waste of ours calling over and over.

They will have to force close it and it will say they won the case...and you'll have to get a 'case closed without seller resolution' removed after it's returned to you.

Also, original shipping will be apart of the refund which i find extremely frustrating since it is lowered to a Buyers Remorse..

They NEED an easier way to solve this. I've brought it up to them many times, but i guess the millions of dollars we all fork over to them isn't enough for them to solve something as simple as this.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply