EBAY POLICY ABOUT KNIFE SELLING

HI AVERY ONE 

ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT EBAY POLICY FOR KNE SELLING

I WANT TO SELL KITCHEN KNIFE SET AND HUNTING KNIFE 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

One can sell knives on Ebay but you must be very wary of shipping internationally as many countries forbid the importation of some knives.  If you are based in the US and only ship within the US you should be good for kitchen and hunting knives.  Otherwise you are only looking for troubles.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

@sidrashabbir wrote:

ANY ONE TELL ME ABOUT EBAY POLICY FOR KNE SELLING

Kne(e) selling is prohibited by eBay as it is considered a body part

Knives may or may not be illegal depending on where you plan to ship it. It may even be prohibited or require a permit, etc to ship it within your own country, you need to look that up.

@m60driver gives good advice.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay's policy for selling knives is available online at www.ebay.com.

Would you like me to look it up for  you?

Here you go.  It took me 2 seconds...

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/knives-policy?id=5047

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I only sell knives on eBay (200 to 300 a month) - primarily vintage pocket knives and some vintage hunting knives, occasionally kitchen knives.

The only major policy issue that I know of is not to list "Automatic" knives (switchblades) or gravity knives.

All other knives are ok to sell, but as others have noted, international selling can be problematic (I don't sell to buyers outside of the USA).

One other issue may be double-edged knives - they are ok to sell on Ebay but a lot of US states/localities have banned them. They represent a tiny percentage of knives and I don't think I have ever tried to sell one.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

OP is in Pakistan. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Can I sale my vintage Dominican Republic promedoca  bolo machete sword knife and sheath on eBay?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply