cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY CHEATS SELLERS AND BUYERS

EVER WONDER WHY YOU HAVE GREAT FEEDBACK , SAME PRODUCT AT THE LOWEST PRICE BUT NOBODY EVEN LOOKING AT IT NOT TO MENTION BUYING IT ??? DO A RENDOM TEST !!!! TAKE A PRODUCT PUT IT IN SEARCH ---- LETS TAKE MY PRODUCT !!!! CEP SOCKS --- PUT JUST "CEP" IN SEARCH THEN GO TO BRAND AND CLICK ON ONLY "CEP" BRAND THEN CLICK ON "NEW" THEN CLICK ON "BUY NOW" YOU SHOULD BE LEFT WITH ABOUT 550 LISTINGS , 50 OF THEM ARE MINE !!! MOST AT THE LOWEST PRICE !!!  NOOOOW CLICK ON SEARCH LOWEST-TO-HIGHEST !!!! NOW YOU LEFT WITH 160 LISTINGS !!!! 390 OF THEM DISSAPEAR !!!! IN THE FIRST LOWEST PRICE OUT OF FIRST 50 LISTINGS 40 OF THEM SHOULD BE MINE !!!! BUT IS ONLY 1-5 DEPENDS ON THE DAY !!!! I PAY EBAY THINKING BUYERS WILL SEE ME !!!! AND BUYER SEARCH FOR THE LOWEST PRICES THINKING THIS IS IT !!!! BUT ITS NOT !!! ITS A FRAUD !!! WHY IS THIS LEGAL ??? IS IT ???  02/07/2024 

Message 1 of 44
latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: EBAY CHEATS SELLERS AND BUYERS

AS ADVISED. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR RUDE CAP LOCK. thank you

Message 16 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds wrote:

EVER WONDER WHY YOU HAVE GREAT FEEDBACK , SAME PRODUCT AT THE LOWEST PRICE BUT NOBODY EVEN LOOKING AT IT NOT TO MENTION BUYING IT ??? DO A RENDOM TEST !!!! TAKE A PRODUCT PUT IT IN SEARCH ---- LETS TAKE MY PRODUCT !!!! CEP SOCKS --- PUT JUST "CEP" IN SEARCH THEN GO TO BRAND AND CLICK ON ONLY "CEP" BRAND THEN CLICK ON "NEW" THEN CLICK ON "BUY NOW" YOU SHOULD BE LEFT WITH ABOUT 550 LISTINGS , 50 OF THEM ARE MINE !!! MOST AT THE LOWEST PRICE !!!  NOOOOW CLICK ON SEARCH LOWEST-TO-HIGHEST !!!! NOW YOU LEFT WITH 160 LISTINGS !!!! 390 OF THEM DISSAPEAR !!!! IN THE FIRST LOWEST PRICE OUT OF FIRST 50 LISTINGS 40 OF THEM SHOULD BE MINE !!!! BUT IS ONLY 1-5 DEPENDS ON THE DAY !!!! I PAY EBAY THINKING BUYERS WILL SEE ME !!!! AND BUYER SEARCH FOR THE LOWEST PRICES THINKING THIS IS IT !!!! BUT ITS NOT !!! ITS A FRAUD !!! WHY IS THIS LEGAL ??? IS IT ???  02/07/2024 

If I were searching for CEP socks I would enter "cep socks" in the search. Putting  "CEP" in the search box and then also filtering by "CEP" in the brand makes no sense to me.

I put "CEP socks" in the search, and it found

331 results in Newly Listed

318 results in Best Match for my zip code

331 results in Ending Soonest

331 results in Price - Highest

331 results in Distance

160 results in Price - Lowest

IMHO there does appear to be something wrong with Price - Lowest. A bug in software is not necessarily "illegal" or "fraud", however.

Message 17 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds 

I think you caps lock might be stuck. 

Message 18 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds wrote:

IM NOT SURE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT BUT WHATEVER. EBAY DONT LIKE WHEN YOU SELL TO COSTUMERS CHEAP BECAUSE THEY DONT MAKE $$$$ IN THE "CEP"  BRAND  CATEGORY 40 OUT OF 50 LISTING FROM THE LOWEST PRICE TO THE HIGHEST SHOULD BE MINE !!! NOT 1 LISTING !!! EBAY TOOK ALL THE BEST DEALS FOR THEIR "COSTUMERS" AND HIDE IT !!!! AND SHOW ONLY THE MORE EXPENSIVE ONCE. SOME ZIP CODE OR COUNTRY THAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ????? I DIDNT SAY SEARCH BY ZIP CODE ???!!! I SAY SEARCH BY PRICE !!!! LIKE ALL THE NORMAL PEOPLE SEARCH !!!! 

Did you mean: CUSTOMERS?

And yes, I complained about this bug with "search lowest" here some weeks ago and it is indeed something wrong with that but it affects buyers too because they can not truly find the lowest price!  So to get around it we buyers now search reverse by "search highest" then go to the last page of results and start from there.

That said ebay is FULL of bugs, a lot of them affect sales, a lot more affect traffic and customer satisfaction... For years now (and I think since the start) ebay simply rolls out new updates, never fixes the old bugs. Strange I know, one would think they could pay these programmers to repair what is presently wrong with ebay because they would gain SO much, but no.

Message 19 of 44
latest reply

IMHO there does appear to be something wrong with Price - Lowest. A bug in software is not                                    necessarily "illegal" or "fraud", however.

A bug in software that likely benefits eBay. How convenient.

At least it is repeatable and people aren't denying it is real. I've seen more than one kind of "bug" that serves to discourage sorting by lowest and has been happening for more than a year.

Message 20 of 44
latest reply

I THINK YOU LOST FOCUS , GET SOME COFFEE

Message 21 of 44
latest reply

ITS NOT A BUG - ITS DONE ON PURPOSE  TRY MANY OTHER BRANDS SAME THING.   COSTUMER NEVER SEE MOST OF THE BEST DEALS AND SELLER NEVER SELLS IT

Message 22 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds 

My focus is just fine, thank you.  No coffee needed.  

Message 23 of 44
latest reply

HHMMM OK THEN I WAS JUST THINKING THAT WHEN SOMEONE IN THE NEIGHBOORHOOD SCREAM " CATCH THE THIEF" I WONT BE ASKING THE PERSON WHYYYY SHE WEAR YELLOW SHOES WITH BLACK TOP AND BROWN PANTS ???  ITS NOT EXACLY THE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE. 

Message 24 of 44
latest reply

BUT THEN SOMEONE IN THE EARLY RESPONES WARN ME THAT I WILL BE GETTING WEIRD RESPONSES , THAT ITS MY FAULT OR ITS BECAUSE IS WINTER AND THATS WHY OR MAYBE THAT I WRITE IN CAPS WHEN I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY , STAFF LIKE THAT

Message 25 of 44
latest reply

you dont have to do just CEP  do nike , levis whatever  clean all others / leave just the brand  THEN press lowest to highest and ALL OF THEM SHRINK  IN CEP CATEGORY  out of the first lowest 50 items 40 should be mine

Message 26 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds wrote:

you dont have to do just CEP  do nike , levis whatever  clean all others / leave just the brand  THEN press lowest to highest and ALL OF THEM SHRINK  IN CEP CATEGORY  out of the first lowest 50 items 40 should be mine

I think I already said it looks like there is something wrong with Price - Lowest. 

My comment about the specific steps you gave to reproduce the problem seemed odd and not what a buyer would do, that's all. 

Message 27 of 44
latest reply

@chi_town_finds 
   Yes, it's been this way for several years.  Actually seems to be getting worse.
It's my favorite thing to do once a day. Stop by here and whine about the manipulation of search results.
   And you cannot do anything about it. 
You cannot be better than every other seller and be seen.
You cannot be the cheapest and be seen.
You cannot have the best items and be seen.
  Not regularly anyway.  
You will be visible at certain intervals.  And that's the best you can hope for.

Message 28 of 44
latest reply

Every search is unique to the person doing the searching.      

If you put CEP socks in search and do not buy,  they change the algorithm to what they think you might want.

If you click on one shop and don't buy,  they show you another shop.

If you search a lot and don't buy,  they show random stuff.

Promoted listings do get a bump.

Listings on Google that are promoted get a bump.

The list goes on.     It is not cheating and common on all E commerce sites.

Message 29 of 44
latest reply

legally they more then likely can do things like that on their platform but morally they would be done if lots of people learned that the shoes that they search for and bought for $70 with the lowest price search results someone was selling for $40 but no one was able to see. terrible globalists - ill tell you 

Message 30 of 44
latest reply