cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY ALLOWS SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION AND RELIST ITEM WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Hi,
My name is Kevin and I'm a buyer and seller on eBay.  My buying account username is, memoribillya. Last year I spent more than $14,000 on buying items. I've been a member for several years. Today something happened to me on eBay that is very wrong and I'm contacting you so that hopefully you can just take 1 min of your time to look into this matter. I bought an item on Ebay Saturday night at 11pm, April 22nd. The item was a movie script from the movie "Ten Commandments" and I bought it for $300 as a buy it now. The seller was happy to sell it to me for $300 and said she would ship it to me on Monday, which is today April 24th. I got an email from eBay saying the transaction was canceled. I checked on eBay and the seller actually resold the item on eBay within 5 minutes for $900 to someone else which was obviously from an arranged deal made with someone else. I got screwed over so I called eBay and spoke with an agent who said if the seller had a perfect selling record this incident only would result in a warning that would be given to them. I was mad at this obviously and said, "I should be able to at least leave negative feedback" and the agent said "yes you can leave negative feedback" and navigated me through to the page where I could leave negative feedback.  I left the negative feedback and within 30 minutes I noticed the negative feedback was REMOVED from that seller on eBay? I called back and spoke with Jessica B. from the E2M department. She told me that since the item was canceled and the return money was sent that the system would not allow the negative feedback to process and stay on the persons account. Of course this is absurd and she agreed. She went ahead and filed a report and escalated the matter. Up to this point I still am unable to leave negative feedback and nothing has been done about the seller. I called eBay again minutes ago to get the name of the 2 agents I spoke of the phone with. This time I spoke with Diane S. at the E2M department she also agreed with me and was mad that nothing is being done she also escalated this and provided all of the evidence of the situation. It turns out this seller actually resold this movie script for $900 at 12:14 pm today and the item wasn't actually canceled until 12:20 pm today so the seller resold it before they even canceled the item. They resold it right on ebay again. It's unbelievable that my negative feedback was removed. I'm contacting you have my negative feedback put back onto that sellers account. This goes against all of ebay's rules and it is crazy that they removed my negative feedback just because the system automatically doesn't allow feedback for a transaction that was cancelled. This has never happened before and I have had many many transactions. I needed to contact someone who can do something or else I'm just letting the system step all over me. I'm trying to contact eBay Corporate and no one there has public extensions and there is no email either, it's like a ghost town. CHECK FOR YOURSELF GO SEARCH "TEN COMMANDMENTS MOVIE SCRIPT" AND CHECK COMPLETED, SOLD LISTINGS. THIS ALL HAPPENED TODAY.

-Kevin

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

EBAY ALLOWS SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION AND RELIST ITEM WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

I can say that I know for a fact that one can leave negative if a order is cancelled, and in my case, I was the seller it was a large item purchased, everytime I tried to purchase a shipping label directly or off site for it, it continued to tell me undeliverable to that address, buyer didn't provide another address I cancelled the sale, buyer agreed, and day before the time for feedback they left one stating BAD SELLER, I called explained the situation, CS reps agreed with me that it wasn't right nor fair but that they couldn't remove it........hmmmmmmm

Message 2 of 131
latest reply

I gladly left negative feedback for a seller who claimed not to have an item I won a week or so ago.  A few days later, that same item was relisted at 10x what I won it for. And, I am one of 3 different buyers who had this seller do the same thing to.......

Watching to see if they're booted.  ebay needs to instill some confidence here!!!

Message 3 of 131
latest reply

Next time try using paragraphs......

No abut that neg.....even if it stuck it really wouldn't mean anything.

On the other hand cancellations by seller will very quickly put a seller Below Standard and another one will get them a suspension that could be permanent.

If the seller suggested this was a "buyer requested" cancellation make sure to let eBay know it wasn't. If they didn't do it as a buyer requested cancellation their time selling on eBay will end quite soon because it only takes a few.

Message 4 of 131
latest reply

Sorry you didn't get your $900 movie script for $300. Bummer. When you left the negative you most likely said something about the cancellation. It is tricky leaving negatives, you cannot say much without a seller being able to have it removed. Buyers can leave sellers negative feedback for cancelled transaction but it must not go against ebay policy for leaving feedback.

Message 5 of 131
latest reply

As far as I know mentioning a cancellations In a negative feedback is not grounds for removing that feedback. 

Message 6 of 131
latest reply

@bogartchaplin  You aren't contacting eBay when you write on this board -- you are talking other eBay sellers.  That said,  you have gotten some good advise from other sellers and I am looping you in in case you have problems finding your way back here. (See the responses on this thread)....

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 7 of 131
latest reply

@bogartchaplin wrote:

Hi,
My name is Kevin and I'm a buyer and seller on eBay.  My buying account username is, memoribillya. Last year I spent more than $14,000 on buying items. I've been a member for several years. Today something happened to me on eBay that is very wrong and I'm contacting you so that hopefully you can just take 1 min of your time to look into this matter. I bought an item on Ebay Saturday night at 11pm, April 22nd. The item was a movie script from the movie "Ten Commandments" and I bought it for $300 as a buy it now. The seller was happy to sell it to me for $300 and said she would ship it to me on Monday, which is today April 24th. I got an email from eBay saying the transaction was canceled. I checked on eBay and the seller actually resold the item on eBay within 5 minutes for $900 to someone else which was obviously from an arranged deal made with someone else. I got screwed over so I called eBay and spoke with an agent who said if the seller had a perfect selling record this incident only would result in a warning that would be given to them. I was mad at this obviously and said, "I should be able to at least leave negative feedback" and the agent said "yes you can leave negative feedback" and navigated me through to the page where I could leave negative feedback.  I left the negative feedback and within 30 minutes I noticed the negative feedback was REMOVED from that seller on eBay? I called back and spoke with Jessica B. from the E2M department. She told me that since the item was canceled and the return money was sent that the system would not allow the negative feedback to process and stay on the persons account. Of course this is absurd and she agreed. She went ahead and filed a report and escalated the matter. Up to this point I still am unable to leave negative feedback and nothing has been done about the seller. I called eBay again minutes ago to get the name of the 2 agents I spoke of the phone with. This time I spoke with Diane S. at the E2M department she also agreed with me and was mad that nothing is being done she also escalated this and provided all of the evidence of the situation. It turns out this seller actually resold this movie script for $900 at 12:14 pm today and the item wasn't actually canceled until 12:20 pm today so the seller resold it before they even canceled the item. They resold it right on ebay again. It's unbelievable that my negative feedback was removed. I'm contacting you have my negative feedback put back onto that sellers account. This goes against all of ebay's rules and it is crazy that they removed my negative feedback just because the system automatically doesn't allow feedback for a transaction that was cancelled. This has never happened before and I have had many many transactions. I needed to contact someone who can do something or else I'm just letting the system step all over me. I'm trying to contact eBay Corporate and no one there has public extensions and there is no email either, it's like a ghost town. CHECK FOR YOURSELF GO SEARCH "TEN COMMANDMENTS MOVIE SCRIPT" AND CHECK COMPLETED, SOLD LISTINGS. THIS ALL HAPPENED TODAY.

-Kevin

something is not right...

i don't see how a seller can cancel a transaction like that.

i have never heard of ebay sending emails saying a transaction is cancelled;

when you the buyer has NOT agreed with the cancellation.

if you negative was removed, it means you said something wrong/not allowed.

i have had (in the past) a few cancellations requested by the buyers.

even then it takes some time...

have you by mistake accepted a cancellation request?

i really don't see how this could have happened to you?

especially the cancellation email you received from ebay...

that is not the way it works...

letoulousain
Message 8 of 131
latest reply

@coolections
When you left the negative you most likely said something about the cancellation

That's not it.
But that is another whole story that I had an entire post & story about awhile ago
Listening to eby CS about a BBL creating another account buying my item I did a cancel & got
 my 1st ever negative in over 17 yrs.

So as far as OP there has to be another reason or something up that ebay removed that feedback
Not to mention this exact seller's most recent feedback is a big red negative for the exact same thing.
Seller cancelled

So unless buyer can give us more information we may have to continue to wonder what really happened here.

@bogartchaplin
So is there anything else you can tell us as to why ebay would leave your sellers negative from another buyer about a cancel but remove yours?

bad feedback 3.jpg 

Message 9 of 131
latest reply

@lemarcheaupuces

It's been awhile now that buyers do not get a to agree or disagree to a cancellation.  It's simply something a seller can do - with consequence though.   The only thing they are asked is if they got a refund, if due, and eBay cannot see they've been refunded if they've paid a way eBay cannot see.

What purpose would it serve to ask if the buyer agrees?  The seller isn't going to magically send something they claim to no longer have if a buyer disagrees.  It makes sense if you think about it.  No other commerce site has to ask a buyer's permission to cancel. 

Feedback is not removable for that reason though. 

Message 10 of 131
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

@lemarcheaupuces

It's been awhile now that buyers do not get a to agree or disagree to a cancellation.  It's simply something a seller can do - with consequence though.   The only thing they are asked is if they got a refund, if due, and eBay cannot see they've been refunded if they've paid a way eBay cannot see.

What purpose would it serve to ask if the buyer agrees?  The seller isn't going to magically send something they claim to no longer have if a buyer disagrees.  It makes sense if you think about it.  No other commerce site has to ask a buyer's permission to cancel. 

Feedback is not removable for that reason though. 

don't understand your reply...

never said anything about making sense or not or if it was right or wrong...

sounds like you are giving me a lecture...

some time ago a buyer emailed and said;

i never bought this item from you, please cancel.

i wasn't going to argue and send the cancellation form.

it said the buyer could turn down the cancellation and it could take up to 7 days.

that is all i am talking about...

if things have changed since, i have no idea...

letoulousain
Message 11 of 131
latest reply

@lintbrush*

Think we need verification on this because I have several in my resolution center and ebay does ask my buyers & the several I have which are opened by Me (seller) are from 2017 , here is 1 example & I have more

case opened by seller cancel 4.jpg

Message 12 of 131
latest reply

@labs118 wrote:

@lintbrush*

Think we need verification on this because I have several in my resolution center and ebay does ask my buyers & the several I have which are opened by Me (seller) are from 2017 , here is 1 example & I have more

case opened by seller cancel 4.jpg

That may be what it shows if the buyer has to confirm a refund ?   If eBay can't see a refund occurred even if that means the buyer didn't pay it asks the buyer to confirm they received a refund before it cancels the transaction or it cancels after 10 days of no response

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 13 of 131
latest reply

@labs118

Had your buyer paid?  If eBay has no record of payment, that should be the only reason that it stays open until the buyer responds

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

"We let the buyer know you canceled the transaction. If the buyer already paid for the item via PayPal, the refund is automatically sent during the cancellation process. If they paid with a method other than PayPal, you have 10 days to refund them...

The cancellation must be complete in order for you to receive a final value fee credit. To receive a final value fee credit, the cancellation request is complete when:
The buyer's PayPal account is refunded in full, if the buyer paid with PayPal.
The buyer confirms they received their refund, if they paid with a method other than PayPal. "

@lemarcheaupuces

Absolutely no lecture intended. Smiley Happy  Inflection is lost in type.  

Message 14 of 131
latest reply

I've had a few cancellations from eBay when the seller is a newbie and sold something at a too low cost, but not from experienced sellers.
“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain.”
― Vivian Greene
Message 15 of 131
latest reply