cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY ALLOWS SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION AND RELIST ITEM WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Hi,
My name is Kevin and I'm a buyer and seller on eBay.  My buying account username is, memoribillya. Last year I spent more than $14,000 on buying items. I've been a member for several years. Today something happened to me on eBay that is very wrong and I'm contacting you so that hopefully you can just take 1 min of your time to look into this matter. I bought an item on Ebay Saturday night at 11pm, April 22nd. The item was a movie script from the movie "Ten Commandments" and I bought it for $300 as a buy it now. The seller was happy to sell it to me for $300 and said she would ship it to me on Monday, which is today April 24th. I got an email from eBay saying the transaction was canceled. I checked on eBay and the seller actually resold the item on eBay within 5 minutes for $900 to someone else which was obviously from an arranged deal made with someone else. I got screwed over so I called eBay and spoke with an agent who said if the seller had a perfect selling record this incident only would result in a warning that would be given to them. I was mad at this obviously and said, "I should be able to at least leave negative feedback" and the agent said "yes you can leave negative feedback" and navigated me through to the page where I could leave negative feedback.  I left the negative feedback and within 30 minutes I noticed the negative feedback was REMOVED from that seller on eBay? I called back and spoke with Jessica B. from the E2M department. She told me that since the item was canceled and the return money was sent that the system would not allow the negative feedback to process and stay on the persons account. Of course this is absurd and she agreed. She went ahead and filed a report and escalated the matter. Up to this point I still am unable to leave negative feedback and nothing has been done about the seller. I called eBay again minutes ago to get the name of the 2 agents I spoke of the phone with. This time I spoke with Diane S. at the E2M department she also agreed with me and was mad that nothing is being done she also escalated this and provided all of the evidence of the situation. It turns out this seller actually resold this movie script for $900 at 12:14 pm today and the item wasn't actually canceled until 12:20 pm today so the seller resold it before they even canceled the item. They resold it right on ebay again. It's unbelievable that my negative feedback was removed. I'm contacting you have my negative feedback put back onto that sellers account. This goes against all of ebay's rules and it is crazy that they removed my negative feedback just because the system automatically doesn't allow feedback for a transaction that was cancelled. This has never happened before and I have had many many transactions. I needed to contact someone who can do something or else I'm just letting the system step all over me. I'm trying to contact eBay Corporate and no one there has public extensions and there is no email either, it's like a ghost town. CHECK FOR YOURSELF GO SEARCH "TEN COMMANDMENTS MOVIE SCRIPT" AND CHECK COMPLETED, SOLD LISTINGS. THIS ALL HAPPENED TODAY.

-Kevin

Message 1 of 131
latest reply
130 REPLIES 130

Re: EBAY ALLOWS SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION AND RELIST ITEM WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

@bogartchaplin wrote:

I've contacted Trinton and I'm still at square 1. He seems like just another eBay agent with the same training, which is to say anything they can to make it someone elses problem at eBay. No one will take you to the boss to talk, just the same thing everywhere you go. He told me my negative feedback was removed because of a glitch in the system now. This is obviously not true because I have had more than one other eBay agent tell me that the negative feedback was manually removed by an eBay agent who messed up and removed it without a proper reason to do so. I'm still waiting to hear back about his reasoning for the other 2 negative feedbacks that were removed for this seller, since mine was removed.

-Kevin

Trinton is an eBay employee whose job is to be here on the boards and on Facebook to try to help users with problems. I have to give him, Alan, Heidi and others top marks for effort, but the problem is that it's impossible for these folks to be experts in everything; the info they give us is only as good as the info they get from the different departments they need to contact for that info.

The fact remains that sellers are allowed to cancel a transaction and claim it's "buyer initiated" whether that is the truth or not, and when they do this, it blocks feedback from being given for that transaction. If feedback gets given to the seller via "glitch", the seller can call eBay and get it removed by claiming it was a "buyer initiated" cancel. It's that simple, and I'm certain beyond any reasonable doubt that this is what happened in your case.

Relisting the item for more money in your case just rubbed salt in the wound. Sorry this happened to you.

eBay shouldn't allow this to happen but the fact that they do is just one of many head shakers you have to deal with to attempt to transact here.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 121 of 131
latest reply

Re: EBAY ALLOWS SELLER TO CANCEL TRANSACTION AND RELIST ITEM WITHOUT NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

mcbolts

Look it up.

Message 122 of 131
latest reply

The seller still has 100% feedback and I still haven't heard from anyone at eBay with a honest and rational solution. I'd like to get the owner of eBay to manually type back in my negative feedback, which seems like the only possible course of action.

-Kevin

Message 123 of 131
latest reply

Mine has 3, within a month, all for the same thing.  And still active!

Message 124 of 131
latest reply

What was that sellers name that you're talking about? I'd like to check it out.

Message 125 of 131
latest reply

Can't say. ^^^^^^^^

Any similarities to a user ID in anything I might type by mistake is shear coincidence.

-Disclaimer

Message 126 of 131
latest reply

Ya, I see the seller now.

Message 127 of 131
latest reply

Now imagaine that seller with 100% positive feedback after getting all of the negative feedbacks removed and you're in my shoes.

Message 128 of 131
latest reply

The seller is still at 100% positive feedback.

-Kevin

Message 129 of 131
latest reply

Hi,

To give you a visual idea of the sellers sold listings please view pictures. Multiple items with different sold prices, No negative feedback.

Message 130 of 131
latest reply

i basically had the same thing, I purchased an item and paid right then, but the day my item was to be delivered, I received that the seller cancelled the item and reposted it at double the price, if we as buyers are required to follow through, how do the seller get to cancel and say sorry posted price was in error and repost it at a higher price. This gives EBAY a bad name, I am telling everyone

Message 131 of 131
latest reply