cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does eBay withhold shipping fee from new seller

hello I am a new seller. I am wanting to ship A somewhat large item that is estimated to cost around $50 to ship. I was just curious do they withhold that money that is used to ship the item out and if they do does that money have to come out of your pocket or is there some kind of shipping label that eBay provides

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Hello keca3314,

You should be able to use the funds for shipping out of the money that is being held for you. Ebay holds the money but will let you use some of it for your shipping charges. After a few weeks have passed, your funds will be released to your banking account. This happens for all new or returning sellers.

Eventually, your funds won't be on hold all the time and your funds will move as you wish.

Congrats on your sale by the way!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

If you physically go to USPS, UPS, FED EX then the money will come out of your pocket.

IF YOU BUY YOUR LABEL ON EBAY - You can use your funds to purchase shipping labels for the items you sell. If your funds aren’t sufficient to cover the full cost of FedEx, UPS and USPS labels, eBay will charge the remaining balance to your on-file payment method, such as a credit card or linked bank account. If you’re purchasing a USPS shipping label, and your funds aren’t sufficient to cover the full cost of the label, you can also use PayPal to purchase the label instead.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Hello, thanks for the input but I had a question regarding some of it. If I were to buy a label from eBay when it come out of the funds for the product or off my card? Also how would I go about doing that.

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

That is incorrect ebay keeps every cent .And expects you to pay for shipping and they will reimburse you whenever the hold is off the money. Even if you buy the shipping from Ebay the won't deduct it from the hold money.  If.you ask me it is almost criminal that they keep the shipping money on hold. Then they send you all these notifications to ship on time. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

No it still comes off your CC or preferred method of payment. I think it's ridiculous they keep shipping costs. The buyer thinks you got the money so they get mad and ebay is telling you ship now. Well give me the money the buyer paid for shipping and I'll gladly ship now ebay.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@vonji65 wrote:

That is incorrect ebay keeps every cent .And expects you to pay for shipping and they will reimburse you whenever the hold is off the money. Even if you buy the shipping from Ebay the won't deduct it from the hold money.  If.you ask me it is almost criminal that they keep the shipping money on hold. Then they send you all these notifications to ship on time. 

@vonji65 

You are wrong. 

The new seller CAN use the pending payments to purchase the shipping label if they're buying the label through ebay. Shipping money is NOT held unless the seller chooses to go to the post office to purchase the label.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@keca3314 wrote:

Hello, thanks for the input but I had a question regarding some of it. If I were to buy a label from eBay when it come out of the funds for the product or off my card? Also how would I go about doing that.

Thanks

@keca3314It comes out of the funds for the product/shipping. You don't have to do anything - when you purchase the label through eBay, it will automatically be funded through the payments you've had from your sales (or sale).

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 8 of 8
latest reply