cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do your blocked ebayers ever contact you?

Hi

I have been on Ebay for 25 years. I have around 100 people blocked. Only one has ever contacted me on why he/She was blocked (He/She retracted winning bids twice close to the end.)

I never answered him/her.

I am just surprised that I could have blocked someone 10 years ago and they never tried to buy something from me and being told they are blocked.

This is a posting account, my selling account has a lot of stuff and a good amount are in the same categories years after years, so I would figure those buyers would browse my categories.

I definitely would ask the seller if I got a blocked message on why, if I could not remember me having a problem with them.

Just curious if you ever get contacted.

Thxs

Weatherloach

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Do your blocked ebayers ever contact you?

Yes, had one blocked buyer from 8 years ago (being blocked) who got ahold of me this past year. She knew exactly why she got blocked & was oh so sorry. Asked can I please buy from you again, won't do that again...

She used a new account to get past my block. I did take a minute to message back that um, no-won't ever be happening. She thankfully let it go.

She was blocked after bidding/winning over 20 Michael Jackson items. Then was unhappy with my combined shipping cost & asked for all wins to be cancelled!! Wow huh.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I don't block many...........did have one that I unblocked and it worked out fine.......don't remember the particulars.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I had a blocked buyer open a new account just to tell me that he had been caught in my Unpaid Item block and that he'd never ever  make that mistake again, so would I reconsider selling to him? So... I did add him to my BBL exclusion list, and he made the purchase.

On Day 5, I cancelled the order citing 'Buyer didn't pay'. And I learned to... never ever  make that mistake again. 😖

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

@weatherloach wrote:

Hi

I have been on Ebay for 25 years. I have around 100 people blocked. Only one has ever contacted me on why he/She was blocked (He/She retracted winning bids twice close to the end.)

I am just surprised that I could have blocked someone 10 years ago and they never tried to buy something from me and being told they are blocked.

This is a posting account, my selling account has a lot of stuff and a good amount are in the same categories years after years, so I would figure those buyers would browse my categories.

I definitely would ask the seller if I got a blocked message on why, if I could not remember me having a problem with them.

Thxs

Weatherloach

Yes.  Been contacted many times.

Hate the conflict, so I often pretend I have " no idea" why they cannot purchase from me. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Yes I hate the conflict too usually because they are irresponsible people usually. I ignore or have told people with unreasonable requests that I would send their message to management for review that as an employee my hands are tied  (Management , it's only me and my wife LOL).

Weatherloach

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I have never heard back from anyone on my block list. I hope I never do.

Once on that list, I will never take them off. They got on the list for a reason.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I have never counted but probably have hundreds of buyers on my BBL list. I think I was contacted just once by a woman who said I was a horrible person and my Mother should be ashamed of me. I confirmed for her my Mother passed 20 years prior and loved me very much. No matter what the original reason was for blocking her, I was definitely glad I did. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I have been contacted by blocked people multiple times. Often this is just a continuation of a series of messages that caused me to block them in the first place.  Although I do remember one person contacted me much later telling me to "Rot in hell Fatty!".

I usually then also immediately pull the item they are asking about and toss it to drafts with an altered title so it will be off the website for a couple weeks until I get to that point in my draft bank again launching listings. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

@weatherloach wrote:

Hi

Thxs

Weatherloach

I contacted one seller who blocked me (I had zero FB when I purchased from her), she didn't reply to me, but removed me from her blocked list.

I was contacted a few weeks ago by someone who was being a total pest about the shipping charges and I blocked him because I didn't want to deal with him any longer. He noticed he was blocked and contacted me and bragged about getting a better deal from another seller (mine with shipping was the lowest price on eBay, and I looked at solds, he didn't buy his coin on eBay if he got a better deal).

I'm expecting I might get contacted by the guy who I blocked this week for not co-operating with my Canada Post insurance claim to recover what I refunded him. I've already drafted a response, because when he does contact me, I might forget what it is I want to say.

C.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Your idea of pulling the item is a good one. Once a guy started harassing me about shipping costs. I pulled the item off Ebay, blocked him and posted it on a collector's site. This same guy who had the same pseudo found it and bought it there at the same price LOL.

I have also blocked a few sellers I had problems with in case if they would want to mess with my listings.

You might say people can use another ID, and they can. Then get blocked with that one. How many friends and relatives can you bother to use their ID to fight someone? Few!

Weatherloach

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Unless you sell in a very specific category the odds of getting a repeat buyer are slim to none. There are millions of sellers on Ebay. If a person was blocked many times they would not want to return to your store anyway. Ebay does not allow buyers to have a blocked seller list so sometimes maybe they forgot they did not want to return to a seller's listings.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

There is a box you can 'check mark' that will NOT allow Blocked Buyers from Contacting you. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

There is a box you can 'check mark' that will NOT allow Blocked Buyers from Contacting you. 

That generally works, but some know the work around (eBay flaw) to bypass that block 🙂

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

You might say people can use another ID, and they can. Then get blocked with that one. How many friends and relatives can you bother to use their ID to fight someone? Few!

------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to do that.

A buyer can have a infinite amount of ID's all their own to buy with.

My numpty buyer just went ahead and got a new ID to purchase, and "return request" the same item that he had purchased prior after being blocked on the 1st ID. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply