cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you know pottery. Is this worth anything?

I found this vase at a local thrift store and thought it was very intriguing. As you can see, it has an intricate pattern of upside down cats. In areas I can see through the glaze a faint outline the maker drew of the pattern. Looks like it must have been lots of work. It measures appox. 12" high. The only mark I could find was an X on the bottom. Any help welcome. 20240122_162215.jpg20240122_161703.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Try posting here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Pottery-Glass/ct-p/1118

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

OK, thanks for the suggestion

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

it is a great vase...some websites will try to research it for a fee, usually not too much...not sure if can name the website thinking of here...but that's what i would do for more info if no one on ebay knows...

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

If you can, take a photo on your phone and use Google Lens to search the web for that pattern or similar.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

You are not too far from Sacramento you may want to try to find an art store and take it into them to see if they can possibly identify. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything out of the Ming dynasty. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

No idea, but it's one of the coolest vase patterns I've ever seen.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I tried to find a match using Google Lens, but came up with nothing. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

"You are not too far from Sacramento you may want to try to find an art store and take it into them to see if they can possibly identify. Unfortunately it doesn't look like anything out of the Ming dynasty."

So you're saying, I may not be retiring soon. I already had plans in my head for a beach front mansion in the Bahamas. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply