cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 157
latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

This is great news! Thank you!

Message 2 of 157
latest reply

I think it would be helpful if ebay allowed sellers to post accurate feedback for buyers. Feedback seems to be a glossy, one size fits all when sellers are unable to provide true "feedback".  Why not level the playing field by letting other sellers read both sides?

Message 3 of 157
latest reply

the eBay tune goes like this....

first you Search

then you Purchase

THEN you leave Feedback

If the first thing doesn't happen..... the other two things never will

Search is in the toilet and you're working on Feedback?

Message 4 of 157
latest reply

@thecollectionbuyer wrote:

I think it would be helpful if ebay allowed sellers to post accurate feedback for buyers. Feedback seems to be a glossy, one size fits all when sellers are unable to provide true "feedback".  Why not level the playing field by letting other sellers read both sides?

Because it's only here on eBay that sellers think a buyer's feedback is so important. Google is the largest site for reviews. It's always BUYERS who leave feedback, and that feedback is about the business in question. Google never lets sellers leave feedback about buyers. A business CAN respond to feedback left, but can't "rate" the buyers. 

In reality, sellers don't need to "rate" buyers. The system here only allows positives to be left, so why do sellers need to rate buyers at all? Sellers still circumvent the rules by leaving false positives, so sellers should not even be able to leave any ratings anymore. It's pointless and the only time sellers leave a real written feedback is when they feel the need to say bad things about buyers. That is bad for business. 

Buyer feedback is about the experince with the seller. The buyers only job is to pay. That should earn the buyer a positive every time they do pay.  The seller has a bigger job. Sellers who get all offended because they don't always get positive feedback should examine what they are doing. Not every buyer who leaves less than positive feedback is "out to get" sellers. eBay at this point has far too many BAD sellers who refuse to do the basics of selling. Bad ship times, bad descriptions, and bad customer service, should not get a seller positive feedback. These things have become far too common. Far too many sellers here who do not have the disposition to be a seller. They are far too focused on it being all about them, instead of focusing on being good to buyers. 

Message 5 of 157
latest reply

ebay should first stop scammers to scam sellers, i have many cases where its clearly proven scammer scammed me and ebay still fund buyer  and didn't deduct the money from seller but same time its give courage to scammer to scam again  to another seller because he get his refund even after scam. what a joke with sellers !

what ebay need to focus on is define policies for scammers clearly very clearly and bring more carriers options for shipping's. i can see another titanic words before voyage.

Message 6 of 157
latest reply

A little context about the transaction before you look at the attached pictures of my dialogue with the buyer. This buyer purchased a large auto part from us. He selected paid shipping and the particular shipping method that worked for him. He then did a full check out and paid for the item and shipping. Several days after the item was shipped out, the buyer had remorse, and went on a rant about how expensive the shipping cost was. First of all, this was a calculated shipping cost by EBay’s shipping tool where we provided size and weight before the listing went live. Besides the size and weight, they also take the delivery ZIP Code into the cost calculation. In other words, we, as a seller played no role in calculating the shipping cost.
Upon receiving our part, the buyer started the return process. He had to pay for the return shipping as well. Needless to say, he left us a negative review. This was all towards the last week of 2023 (before eBay changed their feedback policy). When I contacted Ebay, they told me to submit a review and that I had four or five complementary revisions left. I proceeded to listen to their instructions, and the first days of 2024 I noticed that nothing had happened with this revision. When I contacted Ebay , they told me that their policy had changed and they will no longer support their sellers with courtesy feedback reviews. They went on to advise me that I should contact the buyer directly and try to sort this out with the buyer. I reached out to the buyer through the messenger and offered him $100 to help him with the cost of shipping if he would agree to remove the negative feedback that he had left. he quickly agreed to receive the hundred dollars and to remove the feedback once he receives the hundred dollars. a few days after sending him the money after I noticed that the feedback was still there, I called the buyer to check when he would remove the negative feedback. he blocked my phone number and is no longer responding on eBay messenger. I contacted Ebay leadership team which is a fancy name for supervisors today. Long story short, they told me that they can no longer remove feedback and that I need to resolve this with the buyer. Are sellers having this same issue? Is eBay dropping all support for seller’s side? Is this another step in copying Amazon? Please see attached screenshots for proof.

Message 7 of 157
latest reply

If they want the $100, fix the feedback FIRST. I don't pay to send a buyers item, until I am paid. If your buyer wanted a refund, they needed to fix the feedback first. 

Nope, eBay isn't fixing feedback anymore, unless you are under contract/agreement with them. Some sellers who have secret agreements, get their feedback fixed at will. They also pay less fees then everyone else. 

Message 8 of 157
latest reply

Why does eBay have weather disruptions as being a legitimate reason to have negative feedback removed if they are not going to uphold this policy?  

Message 9 of 157
latest reply

and you are posting here so some other scammers who might read your post will be encourage to get more money from you.

Message 10 of 157
latest reply

I'm sure you can ask anyone who has been selling for a long time that this whole feedback system from buyers starts to become meaningless and a burden for sellers.

I can see for maybe the first 100 items sold to make sure a new seller is good.  However, for someone like me who has sold over 3,200 item on Ebay with a 100% rating over the last 20 years, I am still checking these ratings every morning.  Sellers also have to deal with trying to get nonsense reviews removed.

Some buyers are still rating the product, like they are rating products on Amazon or that the post office didn't deliver fast enough.  It is not clear to new buyers.

I would suggest that experienced sellers get some automatic feedback protection where we cannot be left a neutral/negative as long as the buyer is fully refunded.   We can then focus more energy on listing more products.

Buyers would love to know that no one has ever lost money from me.  The worst thing that ever happened was a trip to the post office and 99% of the time it is from them ordering the wrong part.

P.S. For the love of God, get rid off all the horrible sellers and dropshippers from Walmart and Amazon.  When people know I sell on Ebay they tell me about one bad experience and they never came back.  Ebay doesn't see the sales they would of had and I feel that has been the problem since day 1 with Ebay.

Message 11 of 157
latest reply

First, ALL feedback is relevant! Highlighting feedback that may or may not be flattering is not helpful because if a seller has one negative feedback in a sea of positives by highlighting the negative one you prejudiced that seller in the eyes of the buyer. Only if a seller has many negative feedback in a short span of time are they truly a “bad seller”! At which time they should be sanctioned by eBay and their negative feedback be pinned to the top of their feedback list. For sellers that have the occasional negative, the occasional neutral and the occasional over the top positive, just keep the feedback listed in chronological order starting with the most recent at the top, because the most recent IS the most relevant. Do this on both mobile and desktop because customers can manually check the negs and neutrals if they wish. 

Message 12 of 157
latest reply

feedback extortion

Message 13 of 157
latest reply

@seller_news_team 

this should be an informational post locked from replies.

replies should be removed, and the thread locked.

Message 14 of 157
latest reply

But then it wouldn't be as interesting.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 15 of 157
latest reply