cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Feedback Replies

Over the past few months, we’ve been working to improve the feedback experience for both sellers and buyers on eBay by improving relevancy and displaying images. These feedback enhancements give potential buyers better insights into your products, and can add credibility and drive sales by instilling additional confidence while shopping. We’ve now made an additional update based on what the seller community says is a top request for how we display feedback. 

Starting this week, sellers’ replies and buyers’ follow-ups to feedback will be shown on all places feedback is viewable. This update includes showing replies on desktop and mobile web pages, the view item page of eBay’s mobile apps, and the storefront feedback profile page. 

Buyers will be able to see your customer service interactions on all positive, negative, and neutral feedback. You can reply to buyer feedback on your feedback profile page via a desktop computer. 

Responding to buyer feedback is a great way to showcase your knowledge about your products, provide context for the feedback provided by buyers, and demonstrate your commitment to a great buyer experience. 

We encourage sellers to work towards a solution with buyers who had unsatisfactory experience and attempt to rectify the situation. Responding to buyer feedback with additional context about how you followed up can be a key part of this process. 

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

The eBay Team

Message 1 of 158
latest reply
157 REPLIES 157

Re: Displaying Feedback Replies

PLEASE allow me to restrict sales from buyers who hide their feedback in my selling preferences!
As a buyer, the only reason to hide this is because you have gotten a ton of negative feedback from your scams.
PLEASE allow me to restrict sales from scammers who hide their feedback!

Message 136 of 158
latest reply

The neutral on the lube was priceless 🙂 No offence to seller. I don't notify anyone their item has been delivered either.

Message 137 of 158
latest reply

@willowsbow wrote:

The neutral on the lube was priceless 🙂 No offence to seller. I don't notify anyone their item has been delivered either.

My favorite Neutral on that page would have to be this feedback that defies all logic: 'It was canceled. I can’t leave a Feedback.'

Message 138 of 158
latest reply

Lol, that's horrible.  We actually got a Negative from a buyer who cancelled, saying some nonsense about the price going up after they canceled (it didn't).  Fortunately we got that one removed.  My current annoyance is the buyer who left a neutral just saying "Fair purchase".

Message 139 of 158
latest reply

Biggest beef with Feedback right now, is it's out of order by date. I don't want to go way down the page to find current feedback for someone. What happened a year ago is not what I need to see. 

Message 140 of 158
latest reply

It's supposedly "relevant" I assume by the product type?  But it doesn't seem to be good at showing actually relevant items, and I agree it should go back to by most recent.

Message 141 of 158
latest reply

@brightlightbookseller wrote:

It's supposedly "relevant" I assume by the product type?  But it doesn't seem to be good at showing actually relevant items, and I agree it should go back to by most recent.

I don't have a problem with them messing about with alternate sorting strategies; they might stumble on to something that's useful. What I do have a problem with is their deciding that "Relevant" will be the default setting on some pages, forcing us to have to keep switching back to Most Recent every time we want to use the page.

Other issues include:

• their inability to articulate how they think the "relevant" sorting strategy should work (yes, I read their FAQ; no, I don't think they explained it very well at all),
  • their inability to make the user's sorting choice a "sticky" setting, so that the user doesn't have to keep making the same change every single time they visit the Feedback page, and
  • their failure to remove the "Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the feedback is over 90 days old" subheads from the Feedback comments when the selected Sort Order is not chronological

I mean, really, this is basic stuff, something that would have been noticed in the first round of testing, had it gone through any kind of peer review or beta testing.

Message 142 of 158
latest reply

I keep thinking I'll get used to it, but still fume every time......first to the truncated page, then to the real page, then to change the sort.....

And the "comment" section only refers to pictures.......

I suggest everyone who posts uses @seller_news_team to call them out.........

Message 143 of 158
latest reply

As a seller who does like to leave FB, I really wish they'd change the sort on the leave FB page back to by date sold.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 144 of 158
latest reply

"relevant" sorting strategy

Ya, I don't need relevant, I want to look at the feedback left in the last year in the order it was left in. I don't need to see what might be relevant to what I buy or search for.

Message 145 of 158
latest reply

We have a very recent issue with a negative feedback left for us, an over 20 year member of ebay and selling for the last 15, by a zero rated new buyer who ordered the wrong part, he demanded an immediate refund without a return and didn't respond to any of the messages we sent to try and resolve the issue.
I have contacted ebay but we've gone from being able to call and talk to a live person, to being able to chat to a real person to just email to address these issues and all I am getting is a standard copy and paste answer to my issue with the buyer that "he has a right to his opinion" as untrue as it is with his zero rating and his lies about my items and business calling it a scam, and that it won't affect my selling experience, etc.
Our customer service track record is stellar, we strive to help our customers and resolve any issues quickly. Why has the customer service become next to nothing? Why is no one at ebay standing for the sellers anymore at all?

Message 146 of 158
latest reply

Seven pages of clearly fake feedback, giving this 'buyer' a feedback score of almost 4000:

Screen Shot 2024-04-12 at 1.23.55 PM.png

Message 147 of 158
latest reply

How about any sort of response to reported feedback? The buyer was made whole immediately, but the falsely made revenge feedback left for me remains unaddressed by Ebay weeks after being reported.

Remind me again what the advantages to selling here are?

Message 148 of 158
latest reply

I got one like that too on a new belt for a snowmobile, he put ok with a neutral and it was new in the cardboard from the manufacturer.

Message 149 of 158
latest reply

@starlilyth wrote:

Seven pages of clearly fake feedback, giving this 'buyer' a feedback score of almost 4000:

@starlilyth : Those are not "fake" comments; that is one example of several available pre-written comments that eBay offers (there are 5 in total), so that you don't have to type in your own every time:

Feedback_Options.jpg

If you pick any of those sellers at random and look at their Feedback Left for Others, you will see numerous other examples. You have received a few of the other available canned Feedback comments from other eBay sellers yourself.

Message 150 of 158
latest reply