cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else’s sales just sank this month? :(

Is it just me? Or everyone else? I had greatest months of August and .september, but now total crickets!

😞

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Did anyone else’s sales just sank this month? :(

On my selling ID, yes, I have seen a slow-down this October.  I don't sell a lot and my listings are sporadic, but with the pandemic, I sold craft-y needlework things in the last 4-5 months that hadn't sold before.  I assume people were trying to find ways to be creative if they were spending a lot of time at home.  

But October -- no.  I usually just ignore eBay's "helpful" suggestions, like starting auctions at 99 cents.  No; I know what postage costs and I did OK in grade school math.  But I did allow eBay to re-classify one item from a failed auction to a "make offer."  I got an offer about $1.50 less than the listing price, which itself was just under $5.00.  I debated with myself about five minutes -- I won't make much of a profit, I will probably never use the item, it's not getting any attention as an auction, the buyer wants it, let her get a great bargain -- OK.  

I am hoping that there will be an uptick in sales after November 4th or 5th this year.  Yes, that does mean after the General Election.  In general, if and when a new president is elected, people will often start feeling optimistic.   

Message 16 of 28
latest reply

Yep. August & September were great. Then we had 3 slow weeks. Now, sales are picking up again. Probably holiday shoppers.

Message 17 of 28
latest reply

For the last month eBay does this thing where I get my last sale at like 11pm EST and then no sales until 8-9am the next morning. So basically no sales overnight and because of that I've been down as well. 

Message 18 of 28
latest reply

down 45% from last month on 1400 items. daily listing similar items.  my only guess is eBay is throttling some users and not others to encourage them to promote their listings. 

Message 19 of 28
latest reply

No complaints so far. August and September were slow, but I didn't add many new items. I've been adding a lot of new items over the past couple of weeks, and that has helped tremendously.

24979c5dce430942b1fab9f5405290f3

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 20 of 28
latest reply

Yes.  It's bad.

Worse now that USPS has increased all the shipping costs.

Everyone... watch how fast your FB shows the buyers' response to "shipping prices".  (The number by the yellow stars.)  It's the sellers who will bear all fault for the increase, in the eyes of the buyers.  Most buyers don't know why the shipping prices went up... they just see that they did. 

Message 21 of 28
latest reply

Doing okay for me. I guess it depends on what you sell. As they had mentions, many factors can affect your sales, like the upcoming elections, people saving for Christmas time, etc...

Hopefully your sales get better again soon. 😘😍

Message 22 of 28
latest reply

I agree 100%

Message 23 of 28
latest reply

We are lower than ever like since the first year we started a store....2013.  This month has been the worst!  Trying to do everything I can to boost sales and some days are ok, then days like today....nothing yet!  List new stuff just about daily, refresh listings, run markdowns and promotions.  All that's left is giving stuff away some days.  😞

Message 24 of 28
latest reply

Same here. I do not know what is going on. The mail is moving slowly or not at all. Tracking is not being updated.

Message 25 of 28
latest reply

I actually have sold more this month than in the previous one. 

Message 26 of 28
latest reply

Mine are down as well, I hope the the slow sales end soon. Ebay is making so many changes that they are screwing up the sellers.

Message 27 of 28
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 28 of 28
latest reply