cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did I lose hundreds of dollars in final value fees?

So this whole time when an item is in the "waiting for payment" stage I would just cancel the the transaction and select "buyer requested to cancel" option and that would be that. But without opening a case im unsure I would qualify for being refunded the final value fee. Help please! 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

I added two photos: One is the April 2020 Invoice showing my final value  credits I recieved. But in my April 2020 Resolution center list it has shown that i have not recieved any final value credits. Im not sure how to decipher this information. 

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Why didn't you open not payed cases on the unpayed cases?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@madestore wrote:

So this whole time when an item is in the "waiting for payment" stage I would just cancel the the transaction and select "buyer requested to cancel" option and that would be that. But without opening a case im unsure I would qualify for being refunded the final value fee. Help please! 

When you have an unpaid item, the proper process is to use eBay's "Unpaid Item" process. 

When you intentionally circumvent this process and choose to cancel then IMHO you are asking for problems. And if you cancel with "Buyer Requested" when (I am presuming here) the buyer never actually requested you to cancel, you are also violating policy. 

Did you lose hundreds in final value fees? I don't know - you will have to check your invoice and see. 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

The Resolution Center and the Invoice are two different animals. One is for metrics, the other for FVFs.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

A transaction which is canceled at buyer's request is granted a refund of FVF.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

It might not show up immediately, but it will come back.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

You cancel for out of stock or other seller issue you do not get fee refund,complete a buyer request(if buyer really does request because if they did not report you  will pay those fees)or an unpaid item case you get fee refund

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Filing (or allowing an automatic file) of a Unpaid Item on a transaction after buyer has requested cancelation is not only unnecessary, it's also hostile.

Just cancel, be friendly.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Why on earth would you do that? You’re not only setting yourself up for problems but it lets non payers stay on the site to do that to other people! Too many people are playing games and once someone has 2 unpaid strikes a lot of us sellers have restrictions on our items so they can’t do the same to us! If one of those cancelled items at buyers request came back and said they didn’t cancel it your account would be dinged and it’s a violation to report buyer canceled when they didn’t regardless of them being a non payer! 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

it’s a violation to report buyer canceled when they didn’t regardless of them being a non payer! 

Is there any reason to think OP might have done that?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@misfitfun wrote:

You cancel for out of stock or other seller issue you do not get fee refund,complete a buyer request(if buyer really does request because if they did not report you  will pay those fees)or an unpaid item case you get fee refund

Cancelling for out of stock does not forfeit your final value fees.  They will still be refunded, but you do receive a defect.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Aren't those credits to your account? 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 14 of 18
latest reply

As a seller I most certainly would never cancel an order for reason "buyer requested" unless the buyer specifically sent me a message asking to do that (and without me leading them into it).

Message 15 of 18
latest reply