cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did EBay change the "four days to pay before cancelling order" rule?

I accepted an offer for an item on 5/30/23 and still today, (6/3/23), five days later; the option to "cancel and relist because buyer hasn't paid" is not coming up. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Did EBay change the "four days to pay before cancelling order" rule?

Did you send an invoice out? Do not send any out. eBay does that. When you send a payment notice out the date when change to the day you sent a payment notice out.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

If you sent an invoice to remind the buyer to pay it resets the clock to cancel for nonpayment.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

In eBayspeak, it's only been 4 days today.  Try again tomorrow.  

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Look at the end time of the listing. It has to be a little after 96 hours.  I have done as early as 96 hours and a minute.   Block the buyer.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Today is the 4th day after the transaction.  The option to cancel based on "Buyer hasn't paid" will appear if the buyer doesn't pay within 4 full days, i.e., 96 hours. So it should show up some time today based on the time of the transaction.

May 31 = 1 day after the transaction

June 1 = 2 days

June 2 = 3 days

June 3 = 4 days

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hang in there until (at least) one second past 96 hours from the sale. You're all good. 🙌

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I've noticed recently that about 1/4th of all my accepted offers are just never paying. It's incredibly frustrating as many are on auction items & they "skipped the wait" by sending me an offer only to have the item sit in wait, unseen by other Buyers 😞

I do appreciate that eBay is implementing an immediate pay mode for some of these but now feel it needs to expand to all items purchased via offer or allow the item to stay available for sale until actually paid for. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Go to your buyer requirements 

Check the box next to “Require buyers to provide a payment method before they make an offer”

This way when you accept their offer they automatically pay. No more unpaid offers. 

IMG_0690.jpeg

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I've done everything I possibly can to avoid "cancelling buyers", yet it still happens frequently. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

This must be a recent change they implemented because barely a week or two ago this did not happen when I sent invoices. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

eBay has always offered the seller the opportunity to list as Buy It Now, Immediate Payment Required. There are some categories where this works better than others.  For instance, if other sellers are selling your widget for between $15-20, you could list yours as BIN for $17.  

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

been longer than that for me. every invoice notice you send resets the time they have to pay another 4 days out. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply