cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Designer Name Packaging listing query?

In the past, I believe that eBay had banned the listing of Designer and Brand Name packaging for sale owing to it being used to aid in the sale of counterfeit goods.  Has that ban on such listings been lifted?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Designer Name Packaging listing query?

If you're talking about dust bags, empty boxes for designer name stuff, yes, that was lifted eons ago.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you're talking about dust bags, empty boxes for designer name stuff, yes, that was lifted eons ago.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@7606dennis wrote:

In the past, I believe that eBay had banned the listing of Designer and Brand Name packaging for sale owing to it being used to aid in the sale of counterfeit goods.  Has that ban on such listings been lifted?

@7606dennis 

In my experience, @bar-29368 is correct. I've had luck with dustbags, boxes, store shopping totes, etc.

But here's a fly in the ointment... I had a listing for a Tiffany & Co 'little blue box/dustbag' removed.

In that instance, the email said that unless it was sold with a Tiffany & Co item (even an earring back), it couldn't be sold... the T&C box in itself implied the T&C warranty. T&C wouldn't allow it... not eBay.

I know there's thousands listed now... but I wasn't sanctioned so I rolled with it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@bar-29368 wrote:

Thanks, I thought it had been but wasn't sure.  I noticed another seller from another country asking about getting a US mail code and most of their listings appear to be such boxes so I became a tad bit suspicious and couldn't remember if that ban had been lifted.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@7606dennis wrote:

@7606dennis 

In my experience, @bar-29368 is correct. I've had luck with dustbags, boxes, store shopping totes, etc.

But here's a fly in the ointment... I had a listing for a Tiffany & Co 'little blue box/dustbag' removed.

In that instance, the email said that unless it was sold with a Tiffany & Co item (even an earring back), it couldn't be sold... the T&C box in itself implied the T&C warranty. T&C wouldn't allow it... not eBay.

I know there's thousands listed now... but I wasn't sanctioned so I rolled with it.

I think T&C is a special deal in that the bag is considered PART of the purchase?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I think T&C is a special deal in that the bag is considered PART of the purchase?

That could very well be true. I'd never considered it. I do remember 'implies warranty' in my message. Hmmm...

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Tiffany is "special" because of this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_(NJ)_Inc._v._eBay_Inc.

eBay did finally win this case but it went all the way to the Supreme Court and took 6 years of litigation.

LV is another company that has "special" status they also sued eBay in Euro courts multiple times and won.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Yes. I was thinking of that and LV when I posted.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@slippinjimmy , @bar-29368 

So does that mean I can list mine? If I interpret that legal jargon correctly, I can, no?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply