cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Status Not Updated

That's the most recent notation in an item I shipped 8/3.  I don't know what the means and if i should be concerned, have never seen it before.  

The tracking number is: 9400109699938663022176  If someone could take a peek and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!  - Deana

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Your package was out for delivery yesterday, 8/7/17.  The carrier never scanned the package.  It could have been delivered and not scanned or possibly it may be delivered today.  I wouldn't worry yet.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Looks like they missed the delivery scan. You could always call that PO and ask, I guess.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

I have had this happen before.  I just called the PO where the package was at and asked for the Post Master (not a regular employee because sometimes they don't care).  I told him I needed the package to update and to see if he could find out what was going on.  Within a few hours the package showed delivered.

Have done this a couple of times.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

That's the most recent notation in an item I shipped 8/3.  I don't know what the means and if i should be concerned, have never seen it before.  

The tracking number is: 9400109699938663022176  If someone could take a peek and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!  - Deana

Looks like it was still on the truck at the end of the day yesterday.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you.  I will call the PO in Sacremento as soon as I finish writing this.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@dande2016  Just tried calling the PO but they are closed -- duh -- they are on pst time.  I am a little confused though, when I search Sacremento PO I come up with three locations and I don't know which location this package went to.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@calntom  Yes, I know what the tracking history looks like. My question is what does "delivery status not updated" mean.  You say it just hasn't been delivered yet, but other posters say it has but it just wasn't scanned.

I will try to get ahold of the buyer's PO's post master at 8:30 pst.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Google post office near (buyers address) and it should pop up, choose the closest one. I didn't realize today was the 8th. It will probably be delivered today.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@dande2016  Just tried calling the PO but they are closed -- duh -- they are on pst time.  I am a little confused though, when I search Sacremento PO I come up with three locations and I don't know which location this package went to.

@klassic*kids wrote:

This should be the po number 

Sacramento Post Office 95818 | Broadway USPS Hours Phone Number and Location

Phone: 916-227-6503

In the future just google post office and the zip code

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

@calntom  Yes, I know what the tracking history looks like. My question is what does "delivery status not updated" mean.

Okay, that status is assigned automatically by the tracking system, exactly 14 hours after it's updated as Out for Delivery. (Notice that its time is precisely 14 hours to the minute after Out for Delivery was set.) 

The Out for Delivery status is assigned automatically to every package held by the carrier on his or her way out of the building. There's a small number of follow-on statuses ("stati"? Smiley Happy) that it will expect the carrier to choose after that: "Delivered," "Notice Left," or some other report for the package. It waits 14 hours for that to happen (which I guess would be either 6 hours for delivery plus 8 hours of overtime, or 8 hours for delivery plus 6 hours of overtime; take your pick). If no update has occurred within 14 hours, "Delivery Status Not Updated" is assigned instead, and as you will see on the tracking page, it goes into a kind of Alert status. 

You've received some guesses as to what might have occurred, including delivery but forgetting to scan the package. It might have gotten forgotten in the back of the delivery vehicle (our own carrier sorts a little reminder card into the letters going to our house, telling her that there's a package in back that she needs to retrieve), or some other kind of crisis might have occurred.

I would wait and see if it's delivered today instead. The system has already flagged a problem and that post office should already know about it. Your phone call can't hurt, but is not strictly necessary to let them know that something's gone wrong.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Excellent and helpful information @a_c_green .  Thank you so much.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Wouldn't worry too much.  Have had, several times, expected packages updated with a USPS scan indicating package left with individual at address.  I was the only one home; no package left!!  Arrived the next day.

Just general goofiness ebay fails to consider when creating false sense of security programs like "guaranteed delivery"!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

...aaaand the package is now showing as Delivered... yesterday, in fact, at 3:59 p.m. It may have just been a corked-up data problem, with a system not managing to pass along updates from the local level. Seems to be okay now.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply