cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOESN'T SHOW LISTINGS OF SOME SELLERS

Hi Friends. So whenever I get into the forum and read questions I try to get a peek on some seller's listings. When I click on "view listings", most of the profiles show as below as attached. Am I clicking something wrong? Or does these sellers have no listings? It cannot be.

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: DOESN'T SHOW LISTINGS OF SOME SELLERS

You might not be seeing listings because they don't ship to your location.

or

They don't have anything for sale at this time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

@shashedevind0 

Hi

If you cannot see the sellers items it is most likely because they do not ship to your country of Sri Lanka, so these items are not visible.  They are only visible to the countries they choose to ship to.  

Have a great day. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

You might not be seeing listings because they don't ship to your location.

or

They don't have anything for sale at this time.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Oh wow.. Thank you soo much @ckimodog. There are soo many sellers who doesn't ship to my country then 😞 I really cannot get a good look into the questions as they don't show me anything. Guess nothing to do then.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Oh okay I got it. It most likely to be the first reason because they have asked questions on their sales and stuff. When I viewed their listings, Nothing! I was lost until now as to why does this happen. Think I get It now. Thank You soo much @crazystuff4sale 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

@shashedevind0 wrote:

Oh okay I got it. It most likely to be the first reason because they have asked questions on their sales and stuff. When I viewed their listings, Nothing! I was lost until now as to why does this happen. Think I get It now. Thank You soo much @crazystuff4sale 

One additional possibility. Many sellers have an ID they use here on the forums and then a separate ID they use for the sell listings. Not all, but many. Their fear is that if they something controversial on these boards then their listings may be targeted by trolls who wish to cause them problems.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Oh wow. I didn't had a thought on that. That's new. I get it. Yeah its possible that could be a reason too. Thank you soo much @richard1rst

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Most US sellers don't ship internationally.

If you want to see their listings, just look on the right side of the page where you see your location.

Change it to United States. I use 90210 as my zipcode.

Any live listings will appear.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I'm sure the sellers are not singling out Sri Lanka to not ship to. I'm sure those sellers just have selected to not ship internationally to any other country. They may have had issues in the past with international shipping.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Or the person may use more than one ID, which is allowed.

Some eBayers have one for selling, one for buying and one for posting here.

When you click on a person's ID he uses here, you won't see what he is selling unless he uses that same ID to sell.  

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Now and then over a year's time you may not see anything for sale on this ID. It is one of several but it is the ONLY one I post on eBay boards with going back to 1997/98-ish when I first found the boards.  This ID is where I sell (mostly) stuff i personally accumulated that I want to be rid of, although I do put "regular" for-sale stuff here to, as the mood strikes. I DO ship international on every ID I have and have had. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I am really lost in picking a best answer for my question as all of these answers helped me out in figuring out the answer that I really wanted. Thank you soo much @femmefan1946 @historytimes @soh.maryl and @tdrake . Really appreciate the answers of you all as well. I got what I was looking for and has a clear mind now. Thank you once again.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

There is something you can do to be able to buy from US sellers who don't ship to Sri Lanka. You can get an account with a freight forwarder to reship your items.  You would change your shipping address to their address.  Find one in Delaware or Oregon and you won't have to pay sales tax.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Oh wow @fab_finds4u Thank you much. I would love that. I have heard this somewhere and was thinking about getting an account but didn't know how.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I've been having this issue all week. I have buyers opening item not received cases before the item is even due to be shipped. I changed the handling time on our items to three days since shipments are often delayed this time of year. I wanted to try to avoid returns for items arriving late. I have items that were ordered on Friday the 16th that are due to be shipped today Dec 21st. The order is showing that estimated delivery is Dec 17th-21st. How do they expect items to be delivered before they are even shipped? It's also now nearly impossible to contact support. eBay is just trying to get some extra sales before Christmas to make their numbers look better for the quarter at the expense of sellers who will have extra returns and buyers who will be disappointed

Message 15 of 17
latest reply