cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAY #10 WITH ZERO SALES. Sadly a new Ebay record for me

No celebrations taking place my way; just frustration. I know the economy is crashing but I have to report something strange that I documented recently.

The entire month of January and February I listed absolutely ZERO listings, yet my sales remained steady. This month I have gone back to uploading at least two listings daily and NOTHING, ZIP ZA DOO DA. Even with many listings having watchers which I send offers out to, nothing, just crickets. 

Hopefully coming on here and complaining will bring back sales as usual. Yes, you read that correctly.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Complaining isn't allowed here!!!  🙏😎😁✌️ 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It's not you. It's eBay.
Frankly speaking, I'm hesitant to tell the truth.
If you sell on multiple channels, it's really easy to spot the fact.
Hate to say that my other venues are booming, and the sold prices are much higher than what I put on eBay. Most of the time even double.
They really sell.....

I think the big issue on eBay is the search engine, it's crumbling down already.
If buyers can't find what they're looking for the first time, they'll simply leave.

There are better places to go!

-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

The economy is crashing?  Really?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

LOL, stating facts though isn't complaining 🙂

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I've looked at other online platforms to sell on and they are all the same honestly. For what I sell most aren't an option (I'm more in the vintage market and most cater to modern items). All hope is not lost, but Ebay is grossly disappointing honestly.  Would be nice to know what other platforms sellers are on (that's actually helpful).

As for the search engine, my items rank pretty close to the top and I don't promote any of my listings (refuse to do so- trust me I've tried with no results to give me incentive to continue giving more $$$ to feebay).

There are just so many factors to consider as to why sales have stopped, but we have to get to the root of the problem and that starts with Ebay.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@shar_27 wrote:

It's not you. It's eBay.
Frankly speaking, I'm hesitant to tell the truth.
If you sell on multiple channels, it's really easy to spot the fact.
Hate to say that my other venues are booming, and the sold prices are much higher than what I put on eBay. Most of the time even double.
They really sell.....

I think the big issue on eBay is the search engine, it's crumbling down already.
If buyers can't find what they're looking for the first time, they'll simply leave.

There are better places to go!

Sorry, I don't pay double just because someone else's search engine makes it easy.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh, yes, you did, you just didn't know.
I used to think price was everything, but after some difficult stuggle, I figured what a heck, I am gonna set up differernt prices on differrent platforms.
Then guess what? The outcome was astonishing!
I even had items selling for seven times their lowest price, and these items sold repeatedly at these higher prices.
I suppose that's what we call "MSRP."

If buyers cannot see the lowest price items, how would they know the bottom line?
Buyers are not you - the sellers, they don't know your cost, if they know, they are your competitors, not your customers.
If an item sells for $100 and people keep paying that price, then that is the item's market value. Regardless of its actual cost.
Selling price is determined by supply and demand, has nothing to do with cost.

It's all about visibility, if buyers cannot see your products, they cannot buy them!

-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply