cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service hours? Can't get into account ...

Hello there.  I am trying to list and I was prevented from doing so .. as a layer of protection it said it was going to text me a code first .. that is fine .. no problem .. but then it asked me to answer a security question first ...

Problem is this account was set up nearly 10 years ago and I forgot the answer to the security question ...

I tried to answer best to my ability 3 times but all 3 times wrong answer and it then said I am locked out for 24 hrs ..

Cripes .. while I appreciate security/protection who in the heck would hack my account just to list from it?  I need to get into this account so I can get some listing done .. but what do I do at this point?  Open to suggestions.

eBay has never prompted me for this before so I don't understand why it is now.  I would hate to lose access to this account and have to set up a whole new one from scratch.  That would be a real PITA.

Trying to call CS to see if there is a workaround for this but I am getting a box that says they don't open until 5:00 am  .. it is 7:24 est time right now .. and apparently not open yet .. does anyone know what time zone they work out of and when/how i can reach them?

Also .. has anyone else been prompted with this extra layer of security while attempting to list?  Is this something new eBay is doing?

Any suggestions anyone has for me is greatly appreciated.  Look forward to hearing back.  Thanks in advance.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Customer Service hours? Can't get into account ...

You can contact customer service by sending a private message on Facebook or Twitter and an eBay employee will get back to you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

If you are outside of the US you can call using SKYPE https://www.skype.com/en/

Or google voice https://voice.google.com/about

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hello there.  Thanks for your response .. appreciate it .. only problem is I am not on facebook or twitter ...

Is there any other way to reach someone from eBay?  

I tried to send Alan on this board a private message but it wouldn't go through.

This is a total inconvenience .. you just can't imagine.  I don't want to lose this account and have to set up a whole new one from scratch .. what a hassle : ( 

I don't even know if talking by phone to CS if they can resolve this .. but if I don't speak to someone from eBay then CS may be my only option : ( .. and so far I haven't even been able to get through to them .. the box that keeps coming up says they don't open until 5:00 am .. but I don't know what time zone that is or what?

Any other suggestions?  Again .. thanks for getting back to me .. appreciated.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

They are open now.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

Trying to call CS to see if there is a workaround for this but I am getting a box that says they don't open until 5:00 am  .. it is 7:24 est time right now .. and apparently not open yet .. does anyone know what time zone they work out of and when/how i can reach them?

@klassic*kids  They work on Pacific Standard Time - 5:00am would be 8:00am EST so they should be open now.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

It's Pacific time..........if you are in Eastern time zone, they should be open now......

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Cripes .. while I appreciate security/protection who in the heck would hack my account just to list from it?
__

Millions of scammers wanting an established account to make them look legit
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@klassic*kids 

Trust and Safety is 24/7

Otherwise, CS runs on Pacific Time .... so 5:00 = 8AM Eastern

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@klassic*kids wrote:

Cripes .. while I appreciate security/protection who in the heck would hack my account just to list from it?

The protection is not just there to keep hackers from listing items. 

If there is a PayPal account with one-click buying, they could buy items and ship them anywhere. (And if they list a bunch of iPhone Xs for $200 each, they could have a whole lot more money to buy with ...)

They could use your account for shill bidding or for bid shielding.

They could use your account to sabotage their competitors.

etc.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply