cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints vs Number of Listings

I have very few listings on eBay.  I have made several complaints about an immense lack of sales from fall of 2022.  My # of listings have dropped & dropped until I find eBay no longer an asset for any income.  The amount of complaining I have done does not coincide with drop in my attempt to sell.  The main reason for my change of heart is the ridiculous cost of cross border S/H from Canada.  eBay is not to blame for this.  I can list 1000s of items.  All inexpensive.  However, I feel I have no chance of selling most of these due to the strict policy of sending 'goods.'  How can I possibly sell $4-8 sports cards, patches, pins, photos, etc. when I have to charge $10+ for shipping?  I used to be able to ship for $3-4.  There is a way to do it for $2.00 but the items are not as well protected.  Straight paper envelopes over bubble mailers.  Good luck to all.   🙂

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Sales drops and drops in the number of listings you have live at any one time likely plays significantly on the slow sales.  You currently have 5 active listings.  

I know you are frequently on the Seller forum starting threads about one thing or another.  But not sure what any of us can say to you anymore than actually may help.

None of us can control the shipping costs and yes they just continue to rise.  In July USPS will have yet another rate hike for us.  

It is possible there simply isn't much of a market for the low cost times you are use to selling.  You may want to try putting some into Lots and sell them for more money so you can be OK with shipping.

We all, whether or not we are in Canada, use to be able to ship things for a lot less money.  But those days are clearly gone and they aren't coming back.  So you need to learn to deal with the current set of challenges.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I think that you know the answer - you must bundle items into lots.  

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

How can I possibly sell $4-8 sports cards, patches, pins, photos, etc. when I have to charge $10+ for shipping?

You may not be able to. Some items are simply not a good fit for the eBay model. IMHO all businesses - whether on eBay or elsewhere - should regularly evaluate their business model and adjust to changes in the marketplace.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I sell some inexpensive patches too.  I offer shipping to Canada myself with First Class International.  I offer free shipping in the US and if someone from Canada wants to pay to have it shipped to them, then they pay shipping.  Who am I to tell them it's too high?  If they want the item, they will pay the shipping.  Don't decide that for them.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 5
latest reply