cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Customer

I sent a reply to a buyer who asked a question and required additional photos, The reply didn't go through.

Stating :

It appears your message contains contact or payment information which is not allowed under our Member-to-member contact policy. For the safety of our users, we require that all communication and all payments remain on the eBay platform.{e209566-1112481x}

There was noting wrong in the text, it disappeared.

Is there any way we can retrieve the answer?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No, sorry, you will have to recreate it.  There was something in what you wrote that caused the Bot to take notice.  IDK what it was since we don't know the text of what you said.  I get it that you think there was nothing wrong in what you wrote, but that really isn't the point.  The Bot did.

So type up your answer again, look at it closely for anything that the bot may think is an address or contact info.  You may want to post the body of your email here so we can help you review it.  Of course completely up to you.  But there was a reason the Bot reacted, it may not have been a good reason, but a reason nonetheless.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

IMG_6387.png

 go ahead. I dare you to defend eBay and claim anything I wrote even remotely would hint to a bot . This is stupid. eBay now even has an option for off eBay payments!!! 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

OMG, what are you talking about, are we in the schoolyard with your "dare[ing]" me????  I stated what was likely the issue and you portray it to be in defense of Ebay.  I have no need to do that.  This is their site and they can do what they see fit to do in cases like this with or without your approval or you agreeing with them.

I get it you don't like what Ebay did, but this isn't like some hidden rule.  Ebay doesn't allow members to share that information when they don't have a current transaction together.  Getting upset with me will resolve nothing for you nor will it change anything.  They told you exactly why the deleted the message.  Not my fault.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It was the payment info.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Which is not allowed in the Ebay email system.  When we go to send an email to another member this warning appears on the page.

Don't exchange contact info to Buy or sell outside of eBay policybuy or sell outside eBay. We scan and, in case of suspicious activity, manually analyze messages to identify potential fraud and Policy violationspolicy violationsLearn moreLearn more

Message 6 of 6
latest reply