cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Shipping.

Anyone else having trouble combining shipping when making a shipping label? I know how to do it. I've done it hundreds of times before. Tonight it wont let me. The "combine" button  is not clickabke and grayed out.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Combining Shipping.

I don't do a lot of combined shipping but the inconsistencies and glitches with the eBay combined shipping and label creation are one of the reasons I quit purchasing my labels on eBay. I simply use Pirate Ship to purchase and create the label and then upload the tracking information into eBay. 

Pirate Ship has about the same discounted rates as eBay, sometimes better, plus I use a cash back CC to pay for the labels on Pirate Ship which reduces my shipping cost. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Double check to be sure the addresses are exactly the same.............could be a Road/rd.........problem

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have experience with similar situations recently and while it was the same address and name, the transactions showed a different Ebay user id.  Therefore it was necessary to ship the two items separately to both buyers .  Perhaps it is a guest buyer?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@saylesville2003 wrote:

I have experience with similar situations recently and while it was the same address and name, the transactions showed a different Ebay user id.  Therefore it was necessary to ship the two items separately to both buyers .  Perhaps it is a guest buyer?

^^ This is what I was going to say as a first thought @inhawaii . If buyer used buy it now combined with guest checkout, the IDs could be different by a single character, preventing you from combining.

I have a repeat buyer that comes by couple months and makes several purchases - a few ship to her and one ships to her kid. Every time. Some of her orders I can combine and some I can't since the name and address is different.

If eBay ID, name, address are all exactly the same, then my advice is to try again later, or just purchase the one label and manually add tracking to the other transactions.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

They changed something and one of my customers told me.  I tried and tried to figure it out in my account, under "shipping preferences".   Even though it showed there, it was NOT working.  Later on I noticed that I saw a link that said "combine shipping" and you could adjust it with an "invoice"??  That is how I did it, but the customer has to ASK for a total before paying.  I do not know what happened, cause like you I have done it w/o problems for years.  So I am NOT happy with the change.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

What you're referring to @melba8839-5 is combining ship cost before the buyer pays. That's entirely different from the original poster's situation where the buyer has already paid for multiple orders and they are trying to use bulk shipping to purchase a single label for all the items.

combine.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply