cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined Invoice Effect on International Shipping

Hi,

Ok say a US buyer wants to buy several of your items (US seller).  I understand that the buyer can put several of your items in his or her cart and then ask for a combined invoice.  You can then issue a combined invoice and calculate a new shipping cost.  This is especially beneficial if you are able to combine the items into one package. 

Using eBay's Global Shipping Program, what would happen if an international buyer (outside of US) did this?  I have come across international buyers that want several items but they say when it gets to their screen regarding the international shipping portion that quite a bit is added on top of each item.  I assume that part of this is because I guess eBay assumes that there is a separate package for each listing.  If I offer a combined invoice, however, does eBay understand that I intend on shipping in one package?  Or is there any other way to handle this effectively?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Combined Invoice Effect on International Shipping

At the moment the EIS program does not support combined shipping. About the best you could do would be to create a custom bundle for the international buyer putting all the items into one listing. 

Shipping and tracking your items

When shipping your item to our domestic shipping hub, always add tracking details and include the reference number on the label to ensure it arrives safely. This is done automatically for you if you create the shipping label on eBay.  Keep in mind that you currently can't use combined shipping for items shipped through this program.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

At the moment the EIS program does not support combined shipping. About the best you could do would be to create a custom bundle for the international buyer putting all the items into one listing. 

Shipping and tracking your items

When shipping your item to our domestic shipping hub, always add tracking details and include the reference number on the label to ensure it arrives safely. This is done automatically for you if you create the shipping label on eBay.  Keep in mind that you currently can't use combined shipping for items shipped through this program.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thank so much!  I've been doing the combined listing thing but I thought surely there had to be another way.  Hopefully eBay sorts this out at some point.   At any rate, thanks again for your guidance!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Yes, @dbfolks166mt  is correct about EIS, though it's being worked on.  But OP asked about GSP & I believe combined shipping was fine in GSP.   I am no longer in GSP & rarely get combined shipments, but from memory, GSP had no problem combining. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yes, @dbfolks166mt  is correct about EIS, though it's being worked on.  But OP asked about GSP & I believe combined shipping was fine in GSP.   I am no longer in GSP & rarely get combined shipments, but from memory, GSP had no problem combining. 

May have been an error. OP is in EIS maybe that is part of the problem they were in GSP but are now in EIS?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply