cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic Shipping Label Gone Gone Gone

Ok they finally got me as well-now i had no choice but use the "New Flo" label printing so i see what all the hubbub is about,i really hate it,the classic was so easy to use & faster. First GTC,now no option to use Classic Label Printing,sales way way down-i truly hate to ponder on what changes could be on the horizon.....ebay used to be my escape from my full time job,it was fun & easy,it put me at ease with no stress or worries,i could count on an extra cash flow,in short a really fun hobby that i enjoyed the heck out of. Now ebay seems more and more like my full time job?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Classic Shipping Label Gone Gone Gone

Many feel the same way.  I was going to hold off taking SS for awhile - but am signing up for it as selling online period is not what it used to be. My sales are increasing elsewhere but will never be what I use to make on Ebay. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I've gotten 1 sale on Ebay. 

I feel bad as I love the hunt and while going to garage sales this weekend overheard a couple of people talking about Ebay. One questioned why the seller didn't list the item on Ebay to which the seller replied - after paying Ebay and Paypal fees, paying for packing and shipping and then dealing with the type of buyers they have attracted - it's easier and less stressful to sell it for less at a garage sale and let someone else deal with it! 

The more I thought about it - the more I think he is right. I may just take my items - join some more specific Facebook groups and sell lots - I still get to enjoy the hunt but won't have the stress.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many feel the same way.  I was going to hold off taking SS for awhile - but am signing up for it as selling online period is not what it used to be. My sales are increasing elsewhere but will never be what I use to make on Ebay. This is the 2nd weekend in a row that I've gotten 1 sale on Ebay. 

I feel bad as I love the hunt and while going to garage sales this weekend overheard a couple of people talking about Ebay. One questioned why the seller didn't list the item on Ebay to which the seller replied - after paying Ebay and Paypal fees, paying for packing and shipping and then dealing with the type of buyers they have attracted - it's easier and less stressful to sell it for less at a garage sale and let someone else deal with it! 

The more I thought about it - the more I think he is right. I may just take my items - join some more specific Facebook groups and sell lots - I still get to enjoy the hunt but won't have the stress.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

If you want your classic shipping label page back, look at the URL and find the part that says "new_label?" and change it to " back_to_classic?"

It's a pain having to do it like that, but it will get your old page back if eBay has taken away your option otherwise.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I agree that the joy of the hunt is very satisfying indeed,not sure what i'd do with myself if i wasn't out hunting records on the weekends,but i haven't done that any last 2 weekends,i'm thinking to myself what's the use? I'm putting together a huge lot  to try my luck selling at the local Flea Market,lots of record buyers there as i'm a regular buyer as well. True i won't get as much as i would online,but it will be faster sales with much less hassle. I don't really like FB,but i've toyed with the idea on getting on FB Market also,i'd be on FB for business only.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You should look for collector groups there. Many people - vloggers included - use FB as that seems to be where the niche buyers have gone. I agree that records are selling much more these days. They are the 1st thing that goes at estate sales. I had hoped with all Ebay sellers did to comply with google search - it would have brought in more buyers to the venue to see how great it is.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply