cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card returned as it couldnt be delivered to the authenticator

I shipped several packages (individually) to the authenticator these last few weeks. Everything has been fine (though I hate the program!!) until today when one buyer asked where his card was. Looking at the tracking it says:

Return to Sender Processed

BRADENTON, FL 34211 

October 25, 2023, 10:30 am

No Such Number

BRADENTON, FL 34202 

October 20, 2023, 10:36 am

Arrived at Post Office

BRADENTON, FL 34211 

October 20, 2023, 7:04 am

Now, I use ebay to print my labels. I use their already filled in address. All the other cards went to the exact same place and they all made it fine. Until I see the label, I don't know ....did it get smudged, turn off?? I'll know when it gets here as it is on it's way back to me since yesterday. What should I expect to be the next step? I'm not super excited about reshipipng it since I don't know what xause it to go sideways?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Card returned as it couldnt be delivered to the authenticator

Don't get too worked up about this yet.  I've had this happen a few times over the years, each time it happened, the buyer gave the incorrect ship to address.  

As a seller you are covered under Seller Protection if you shipped to the address on the buyer's payment.  

When you get it back and if it was actually shipped to the exact address your buyer gave you.  Contact your buyer, let them know you have the package and that something was wrong with the ship to address they gave you.

Let them know you can refund them for the product price less your shipping costs and fees.  Or you can invoice them through PayPal for reshipping the package.  

If they choose to have you reship it, make sure you print your new shipping label from the PayPal payment, NOT in Ebay.  Do not print it from the transaction in Ebay.  That may cause you to get a defect for a late shipment and could make you lose the details in Ebay on the original shipment.  So just print the label from PayPal from the buyer's new payment with the corrected address.

Good luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

PO can make mistakes............take the return to the PO and ask them to check for the reason.........

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Alot of good tips there 🙂 and I'll use some but I didn't ship it to the buyer. I shipped it to Ebay's authenticator service. Exactly the same address (since Ebay inputs the data into the order info to print the label off of.). I shipped 6 other cards in need of authenticating last week as well. They made it fine. It's more a PO problem than anyone else's (beyond the fact I hattteee sending in cards to be authenticated).I paid for postage and inusrnace for an error on the PO's side...when I get it back I"m gonna wave it under the PO's nose but I do worry about a defect considering how long it's been. The buyer and I are in contact about it. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Your assuming it is a PO issue and that does not have to be the case.  

I'm not sure as to your concern over a defect.  Unless you shipped the item later than your handling time said to the Authenticator.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

actually, in the case of Authenticity Guarantee, ebay automatically generates the address that EVERYONE ships to -- it's the same address for everyone -- including for the other items that this seller shipped -- to that very same address.

I would assume ebay would help with this, since it's an ebay-generated address.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

You need to contact ebay by phone.  Explain the situation and they will mark your account as having reported the problem and that you are in the process of dealing with it.  ebay wants to know you are actively dealing with issues, and will help you if you report it before it escalates.  Just make SURE to ask the customer service rep that they mark your account.  they are supposed to, but you should ask to be sure.  that has always saved me.

as to your dilemma, i would be curious what happened, as well.  Please let us know.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@star.fighter wrote:

actually, in the case of Authenticity Guarantee, ebay automatically generates the address that EVERYONE ships to -- it's the same address for everyone -- including for the other items that this seller shipped -- to that very same address.

I would assume ebay would help with this, since it's an ebay-generated address.

Yes I get that.  It is like EIS in that way.

Still, once it leaves the Authenticators, I'm confident they are required to ship it on to the buyer by the address on their Payment submitted for the item.  If this is a buyer error, with an error on or in their address, this is the fault of the buyer as I previously described.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.  Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is.  Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message.  It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left.  If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.  Not all options are available 24/7.  It will depend on staffing available.  So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't.  Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me.  If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for all those links above, I have bookmarked the page! Sometimes finding ways to make contact with ebay can be a challenge. 

As an update, the card made it back to me safe and sound. The address label was pristine (I had wondered if it had perhaps gotten torn or smudged.) The address is correct for the authenticars address and I can not fathom what made them unable to find the authenticator's place of business. I always assumed they had so much mail sent to them, there would be a path to their front door anyone can follow  😉

I have to ship a couple of orders to the authenticators tomorrow. I fear I will be freting until it actually makes it in their door 😉 I feel this isn't an ebay issue, but PO related and  I"d be super curious to know if others were rejected that same day. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply