cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you have unfair negative feedback removed?

Hi All!!

Quick question - Can you have unfair negative feedback removed by Ebay? I have been on Ebay for nearly 5 years as a buyer mostly but recently decided to start selling more than before . I have maintained a perfect 100% feedback during that time.  Listed several items that all sold, one of the items I saw was damaged when I got ready to ship it. I emailed the buyer and told them of the problem and promptly refunded their money. Today I see they left negative feedback which makes me mad but the biggest thing is it's in Spanish and I don't know what it says so I feel like the buyer may not even understand what has happened or why. I feel this is not fair and have taken great pride in trying to keep my feedback perfect and would like to get it back that way if I can. I would appreciate any help or feedback you folks can give me. Thanks in advance!!! 

Message 1 of 34
latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Google translate reports "After I had bought it, it turned out that I had it sold or not available".

You did cancel due to the item being unvailable, so it's difficult to argue with that comment.

Message 2 of 34
latest reply

This is not unfair feedback. The buyer was justified in leaving an honest feedback regarding the disappointing outcome.

Message 3 of 34
latest reply

Ebay will not remove this negative because it is honest feedback. I have broken an item while packaging it and also accidently listed the same item twice, and sold it twice. When I sent the buyer a message letting them know what happened I said I would be refunding their money and adding a little extra for their trouble. That takes the sting out and hopefully will prevent negative feedback. I think I only added $3.00 each time and neither buyer gave me negative feedback.

Message 4 of 34
latest reply

@foothillsbeardco  eBay will not remove it because it's factual.  You're not the first person who has found a flaw or overlooked problem with something they're packing, and usually buyers are understanding, but unfortunately you got one who was not.  These things happen in the resale market.

Leave a factual response that will assure your future buyers of your integrity (don't retort to the neg-leaver, that horse is out of the barn and it will do no good) - maybe that you found the item had a defect on packing and refunded the buyer immediately, with apologies.  Or whatever.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 34
latest reply

Wow.

You couldn't read the feedback, but you had already determined it "unfair". 

But if that translation is accurate, it was 100% fair. 

Message 6 of 34
latest reply

It's a legit feedback, because it says, roughly, "After I bought it, I was told it is was either already sold or not available."   That is correct, and the buyer has a right to feel the transaction was not a good one because of his disappointment.

=

Message 7 of 34
latest reply

Apologies to others for the cross-post.  I failed to refresh the page, so I saw no other replies when I posted. 

=

Message 8 of 34
latest reply

@foothillsbeardco wrote:

Today I see they left negative feedback which makes me mad but the biggest thing is it's in Spanish and I don't know what it says so I feel like the buyer may not even understand what has happened or why. 

The translation says,

“After I had bought it, it came out that it had sold or not available.”

He understood what you were saying, he just left you negative feedback because you canceled his order. 

@foothillsbeardco wrote:

Quick question - Can you have unfair negative feedback removed by Ebay? 

The feedback wasn’t necessary ‘unfair,’ but yes, you can ask eBay to remove it. Remember, you can ask eBay to remove it, but  it doesn’t guarantee they will. 

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

Good luck! 

Message 9 of 34
latest reply

@foothillsbeardco 

As you are "new" to selling (every Buyer has 100% FB - a Seller cannot leave anything except a positive FB for their Buyer) - you might want to read a little on listing condition criteria, etc.

You listed the iRoomba as New/Open Box and then stated in the description that "due to deep discounts, it was untested, "presumed working".    

Unless it is listed for "parts" or stated non-working, whatever is listed has to be "working" as intended, etc and cannot include the type of disclaimer in your listing.  You should test anything that is open box or used and know what the item's issues are, if any.  Those should be included in your listing for your Buyer to discern regarding the item offered for sale.

Condition (ebay.com)

On e-Bay, you can state "no returns" for your items.  However, if the item is defective, e-Bay will allow a Return of the item, regardless of what is stated in the listing, etc.

You have a negative FB as a new Seller, which is not a great start.  However, metric or deficit issues, will end your Selling career on here quickly if you get SNADs, etc.

Start selling on eBay | eBay

2021 Fall Seller Update (ebay.com)

A lot of changes have occurred in 2021.  Frequent the boards if you have questions about listing, shipping, returns, selling......lots of great information and assistance available.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 10 of 34
latest reply

Ebay won't remove it even if it's not true.

Ebay allows buyers to lie all they want in FB. 

Message 11 of 34
latest reply

Hi @foothillsbeardco 

As buyers, all we can get is positive feedback (since 2008) ... so maintaining a 100% feedback rating isn't really an accomplishment.  Only sellers can get negative and neutral feedback.

You got the negative feedback for not shipping a iRobot Roomba 694 Vaccum (R694020) ... which you sold for an offer of less than  $119 plus $20 shipping.

The buyer could have noticed that you currently have a listing for exact same iRobot Roomba 694 Vaccum (R694020) for $149 plus $90 shipping.

I think the buyer may have understood exactly what happened and why.

Message 12 of 34
latest reply

@foothillsbeardco wrote:

Hi All!!

Quick question - Can you have unfair negative feedback removed by Ebay? I have been on Ebay for nearly 5 years as a buyer mostly but recently decided to start selling more than before . I have maintained a perfect 100% feedback during that time.  Listed several items that all sold, one of the items I saw was damaged when I got ready to ship it. I emailed the buyer and told them of the problem and promptly refunded their money. Today I see they left negative feedback which makes me mad but the biggest thing is it's in Spanish and I don't know what it says so I feel like the buyer may not even understand what has happened or why. I feel this is not fair and have taken great pride in trying to keep my feedback perfect and would like to get it back that way if I can. I would appreciate any help or feedback you folks can give me. Thanks in advance!!! 

This won't help you well, but when I find something that's damaged, I either refund and ship free (if it's a low cost item), or ship it for them to inspect it and we can negotiate a discount later. In my experience, a lot of things I think are a big deal as far as damage goes, the buyer doesn't care about. Like the mint set that had a damaged out box. He didn't even want the set, just one coin that was in the set. Of course I always tell them what's going on, and they know I'm not lying because I ship something.

C.

Message 13 of 34
latest reply

@garnetteb wrote:

Ebay will not remove this negative because it is honest feedback. I have broken an item while packaging it and also accidently listed the same item twice, and sold it twice. When I sent the buyer a message letting them know what happened I said I would be refunding their money and adding a little extra for their trouble. That takes the sting out and hopefully will prevent negative feedback. I think I only added $3.00 each time and neither buyer gave me negative feedback.

A former poster from five years ago once said if someone "bribed" them with "a little extra" they would certainly leave neg FB. Back when we could se email addresses and used Paypal, I sometimes sent money with a note that said "I'm sorry to have wasted your time in my store". No neg FB happened. I've learned to be a lot more careful because most things that are out of stock are just misplaced in my inventory and I'm panicking because it's shipping day.

C.

Message 14 of 34
latest reply

@house*of*paws wrote:

Hi @foothillsbeardco 

As buyers, all we can get is positive feedback (since 2008) ... so maintaining a 100% feedback rating isn't really an accomplishment.  Only sellers can get negative and neutral feedback.

You got the negative feedback for not shipping a iRobot Roomba 694 Vaccum (R694020) ... which you sold for an offer of less than  $119 plus $20 shipping.

The buyer could have noticed that you currently have a listing for exact same iRobot Roomba 694 Vaccum (R694020) for $149 plus $90 shipping.

I think the buyer may have understood exactly what happened and why.

Good observation, although I never would check a sellers current listings for such a thing unless it's one of the sellers that I check regularly to see what's in their store.

Rule of thumb... never list something that was OOS after you find it... If I cancel for OOS and find it later, it stays offline until the cancelled listing expired (and in certain cases I repackage it too).

C.

Message 15 of 34
latest reply