cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you find this in search?

Curious to know if anyone can find this item? Antique Chinese Kangxi Mark Mirror Black Gilt Monkey Porcelain Baluster Vase 15", I sure as you know what can't!

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Can you find this in search?

How come I can't see the listing date and time?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

I bet if you used the promoted listing scheme it would show up. 

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

Buyers do not search with by item numbers. They use keywords, but when a search engine is so screwed up because its pushing the pay to play scheme. Keywords are meaningless with ebays search engine. 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

It still is not showing up in my STORE. That and another new item listed last night. 2 of 4 new listings were viewable instantly but the vase and a magazine are both ghosted. I am showing it has had active views from my ALL SELLING ACTIVE items page, but again not showing in my store? I am wondering if it is a glitch because I used SELL SIMILAR from a recent sold listing? I used some but not all of the template. I changed the title and some but not all item specifics. Both listings not viewable of the 4 were from SELL SIMILAR Sold Listings.

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

@ekmadonna,

I just got an offer on this listing. Do you have it set to send offers automatically? I'm not watching it, I just viewed it several times. Other people have probably viewed it from the link as well.

I can't find it in search yet either.

I wonder if it has something to do with the description saying that it may not be from the Kangxi period, but was made later, with Kangxi marks. Maybe it got flagged for more review as a possible authenticity disclaimer.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote: It still is not showing up in my STORE.. I am showing it has had active views from my ALL SELLING ACTIVE items page, but again not showing in my store? ....

Do you understand what we mean when we say that indexing can take 24 hours?  After you list or revise an item, it might not show up in searches (including "show seller's listings" or store) for 24 hours.

The views that the listing has already gotten are probably from members who read this thread and used the link provided in one of the posts.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@lacemaker3 wrote: ... I wonder if it has something to do with the description saying that it may not be from the Kangxi period, but was made later, with Kangxi marks. Maybe it got flagged for more review as a possible authenticity disclaimer.

Good catch. The date range given in the item specifics is not the same as the date range in the Description, although they do overlap, but are centuries after the Kangxi period.  

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

Of course I know how indexing works. 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

The listing page specifics seem to be not only the ones I used but also some from the Original Sell Similar Sold Listing of which I never added and deleted from the listing page while doing the listing. That for sure is a glitch

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

Indexing occurs on the site not in your store. When you create a listing it goes live immediately into your store when you submit the listing. 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

Indexing occurs on the site not in your store. When you create a listing it goes live immediately into your store when you submit the listing. 

No. Until a listing is indexed, it is not findable by searching and does not appear in a store or in your list of items for sale outside your own selling pages.

An unindexed listing can be found using a direct link by pasting the item number directly into an item URL, but not by putting that same number into a search box and searching.

Listings can take up to 24 hours to be indexed from the last revision. If you are searching for an item before twenty four hours have elapsed and you can not find it, it is likely that it has not completed indexing yet.

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

@ekmadonna wrote:

On my account. It is not showing in my store. Going on 14 -15 hours. It shows in my active listings. But I can't find it anywhere using any search terms on this account or another different account. I have another new listing not showing either. I did 4 new listings last night and only 2 of the 4 are showing in my store.

@ekmadonna 

I'm sorry this caused you such concern.  As I stated in the very first post on this thread, it can take up to 24 hours for a newly posted listing to show up in the searches.  It has been that way for many years.  They will show up, just give it enough time.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 27 of 31
latest reply

@jeff-second-chance-silver wrote:

I bet if you used the promoted listing scheme it would show up. 

@jeff-second-chance-silver 

Not a "scheme", but a tool that ALL sellers can CHOOSE to use or not use.  Just like many other tools Ebay offers to sellers.  Use what works for you and ignore the others.  Calculated Shipping, Variation listings, Volume pricing, AI descriptions, Markdown Manager, etc.  All options, none are required.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@ekmadonna 

24 hours plus 2 minutes ... I found it. (10 minutes ago; nothing.)

Keyword search:

lacemaker3_0-1701665319204.png

Search by seller:

lacemaker3_1-1701665378092.png

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

Its a scheme, pay to play whatever you want to call it. If sellers dont take part in selling their items for less profit their items are buried and never found. No matter what keywords are used to search. 

Message 30 of 31
latest reply