cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can any long time seller remember this many site glitches .

I've been selling for about 15  years on this id and others on Ebay and can honestly say I have never seen so many glitches on this site. I mean on July 3rd Bob Kupbens apologizes for Technical issues and it seems like technical issues have just multiplied since that announcement .  I know Ebay isn't good at fixing broken things but wow it seems like every day something is broken or redisigned and doesn't work . All those layoffs must have been the whole web design  team.

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Can any long time seller remember this many site glitches .

You really cannot blame scammers on ebay.  It is an unfortunate by product of society.

And now pretty much everyone has a cell phone and or computer and they have moved on from the 5 finger discount to ebay.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Re: Can any long time seller remember this many site glitches .

@doubledz-a2z wrote:

I started ebay on Feb 4 1998.    I was using DIAL-UP.   The whole notion of working from home and getting checks and money orders delivered to your mail box outweighed any glitches.    And often when Ebay did go down they would extend your auction by two hours since many folks were using Snipe programs or they would extend an additional day.  We had a free relist day.   When I started there were 375,000 items listed.  Nearly everything sold.    Ebay now has to keep up with millions and millions of items and folks want everything to be instant so glitches I think are to be expected.   Ebay is still the second best thing in town besides our weekend Flea Market so deal with it.

Often yes, but Not always.  Many times they would refuse to reset the clock if they did not feel it affected enough people.

And back in the day many times I managed to have a listing ending during one of those crashes.  And there was no redo.  To keep your integrity you just sold it for what ever you managed to get before it went down.

Message 32 of 32
latest reply