cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hide my listings from buyers outside the USA?

I spend too much time answering buyers inquiring about the cost to ship to them.  My listings have the small print message under the shipping info saying:  "Ships to United States". That is not a very strong message, and I know I can add this all in CAPS in my description, but would like to avoid that every time I list an item

This is not a complaint, just a request to avoid unnecessary question/answer commuications.  I am glad to know that ebay is seen and responded to so well worldwide. When and if I decide to ship globally I would love the exposure.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No, you can't hide the listings........

Not sure how long it really takes to say, I'm sorry, but I only ship to the US...........but best way is probably to make a template with that in the description area and then use it over and over.....for new listings.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Have you ever asked your potential buyers if they were planning on having the item shipped to a U.S. address (i.e., relative, freight forwarder)?   That may be the case in some instances.

There's no way to block non-U.S. buyers from contacting you on eBay, but if you want to avoid all sales with buyers that are not registered in the U.S., make sure you also set PayPal up so that you cannot receive payments from anyone without a U.S. PayPal account (U.S. currencies).  If they try to make a purchase anyway, they will not be able to pay you, and then you can file the NPB notice on eBay.

“It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent” ― Madeleine K. Albright

Great! 45.8% down over the same time last year with 2x+ items listed. Are you impressed? I'm certainly not!
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@llllady wrote:

Have you ever asked your potential buyers if they were planning on having the item shipped to a U.S. address (i.e., relative, freight forwarder)?   That may be the case in some instances....

If the- buyers were having the items shipped to a US address, then they wouldn't have to ask about the shipping cost.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Consider yourself lucky if you get the CHANCE to answer inquiries about shipping outside the US.  I have found, several times, off-shories either don't do that, or aren't fluent enough in English.  That makes it doubly tough to put that disclaimer in a listing, caps or not.

As mentioned, set blocks in Paypal.  And be sure to include a line in your description that details you do not accept non US Paypal payments (yeah.  I know.  Doubly tough).

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kenne_q6ljw wrote:
Re: Can I hide my listings from buyers outside the USA?

Anyone on the internet can go to the eBay site and perform a  search without logging in.

eBay has no way to do this because eBay may have no idea who they are or where they live.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You should also go into your eBay site preferences and set up shipping exclusions.

Your listings say ships to US, but does not have any excluded countries. @kenne_q6ljw

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@kenne_q6ljw wrote:

I spend too much time answering buyers inquiring about the cost to ship to them.  My listings have the small print message under the shipping info saying:  "Ships to United States". That is not a very strong message, and I know I can add this all in CAPS in my description, but would like to avoid that every time I list an item

This is not a complaint, just a request to avoid unnecessary question/answer commuications.  I am glad to know that ebay is seen and responded to so well worldwide. When and if I decide to ship globally I would love the exposure.

Exactly 1 of 13 listings says US Shipping only.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@kenne_q6ljw

Set up your Buyer Requirements ← click the link to go to the page. The settings below are recommended for maximum protection.

The settings that are highlighted in red will block international buyers from being able to bid on or buy your items, and stop blocked bidders from contacting  you from the listing.

Buyers without a PayPal account  

☑ Block buyers who don't have a PayPal account. (Note: This block only applies to future listings and can be disabled per item on the Sell Your Item form.)

Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes  

☑ Block bidders and buyers who have received [ 2 ] Unpaid Item strike(s) within [ 12 ] month(s)

Buyers in locations to which I don't ship  

Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to.

Buyers with policy violation reports

☑ Block buyers who have [ 4 ] Policy violation report(s) within [ 6 ] month(s)

Buyers with a negative feedback score

☑ Block buyers who have a feedback score of [ -1 ] or lower.

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
☑ Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought [ 10 ] of my items in the last 10 days   ☑ Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of [ 5 ] or lower.

Apply above settings to active and future listings.

Don't allow blocked buyers to contact me. (Buyer won't see the "Contact Seller" button on your Q&A page.) Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply