cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I give a Lister limited access to my account?

Hey Everyone, 

I sell mostly automotive parts and I am in need of hiring a listing assistant, however I am not sure how to approach it.  Can I give someone limited access to my account so they can only List items without having access to my personal info etc?  

Also how would you recommend finding someone to do this? Would a website like fiver be a good idea? 

Thanks in advance, 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can I give a Lister limited access to my account?

Hey @iponnet22 . What you'll want to do is set up Multi User Account Access (MUAA). Read more about it here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/multiuser-account-access/multiuser-account-access?id=5197

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/ebay-for-business/multi-user-account-access

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

That helps a bunch, thank you 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@iponnet22 wrote:

Also how would you recommend finding someone to do this? Would a website like fiver be a good idea? 

Finding an experienced listed won't be easy. Of course it depends on how much of the work you want them to do. Just remember that any mistakes they make will all be on you and in  general terms the listing may be the most important task related to selling on eBay.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, there is nothing to stop you from letting me use your ID and password, and list parts for you.
Just make sure I'm trustworthy.
Also, you must understand, I'm going to leave you for greener pastures in a year or so.  Do it myself and be your competition.
But don't worry about that.  I won't be able to do it on my own either.
Also, you'll find out in about a year, you can't make money that way unless you're selling a warehouse full of Ferrari parts that somebody gave you for free.

AND, FYI: You have a gas tank listed as a throttle body.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You can have an employee do the listings but not activate until you can review the work. Then if they are done right just activate them all at once. Good luck hope it works out for you.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

IMO: You are listing the wrong parts off of the wrong vehicles, for mostly way too much $$.
I've got a guy that (on eBay) used to be able to sell sludge out of an oil pan (if given the right oil pan).
Not any more though, eBay has changed.
But, he's still THAT GOOD.

It will take him and somebody else one month to process a vehicle correctly.
That's 320 hours of labor.  (teardown, clean-up, photo's, research, listing, sorting, organizing, packaging, shipping). 
That's $5,000 to $10,000 in labor depending on how you plan to pay.  (and the job is worth more than that).
eBay fees and shipping are going to run over 30% of your sales.  SO, basically, you're going to have to sell $15,000 worth of parts in order to get $10,000 to pay your help.  Not to mention other expenses that there will be.
You can't take apart $500 vehicles.  They won't part out for $15,500.
SO, you're going to have find vehicles that will part out for more than $15,000 over what you pay for them.
It's not difficult to do that, just takes TONS of research and experience.
Of course, there are other ways.  (variables)  But you need to do this yourself for a year or so and figure out what works and what doesn't. 
Any more, it seems it's almost a one person job.  And you work your tail off for very little $$  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

haha, thank you for the heads up. 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

can can an

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Been there, done that.

If you think hiring a 3rd-party listing service will save you time, think again. Anything affordable is usually farmed out of country, where communication and time zones become a challenge. Most operate on quantity, NOT quality. When they start making mistakes in the listings (and they will), you will feel the need to check every draft for mistakes and fixing them before going live. At that point, you may as well hire a multi-task employee or do them yourself. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply