cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera other than a smart phone some use for eBay photos

I had a Panasonic Lumix DMCZS19 for years I used to take a eBay photos with, it’s easier for me to create listings on my desktop than it is for me to do them with my smart phone🥲 has to do with my age, I’m assuming. If anybody can give me some suggestions of an, easy to use camera for photos for Ebay to get high definition, close-ups wide-angle I would appreciate it very much ! Thanks 

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: Camera other than a smart phone some use for eBay photos

@buddyboy4949 wrote:

it’s easier for me to create listings on my desktop than it is for me to do them with my smart phone

The two are not mutually exclusive.
I  take the pictures on my iPhone and do the listings on my desktop.

I just plug my phone into my computer and copy the photos form my iPhone to my desktop.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

@linda7913 wrote:

Put me into the smartphone crowd. I had used a Canon PowerShot A1100 IS from 2009 to 2022. Although I could take close-up photos really close to my Barbie dolls, their faces looked distorted compared to my Samsung Note 20 Ultra camera. I use 2x zoom, which keeps the smartphone shadow out of the photo, for full length photos and 5x zoom for faces, hands, feet, etc. 

Right; I should have mentioned in my last post that I flatten the perspective on smaller items by zooming the camera in from a distance, not putting it close to the subject. That avoids the big-nose-small-face effect you get from getting the camera too close in an effort to fill the frame. Most of the items in my listings are photographed from about 2 feet away, using a tripod and 2-second timer.

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Buy a replacement Panasonic Lumix DMCZS19 from an eBay seller.
I have bought many used exact replacement items rather than new items.
1) I don't have study an owner's manual and learn a new brand/model.
2) I don't need the owners manual, accessories or cable. I have all of that.
3) There is no installing and configuring. Just plug it in.

Otherwise, buy a Kodak C330.

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@buddyboy4949 

I have a newer model of the Lumix.  It takes awesome shots, especially macro which I need for close ups on my items.  As far as a smart phone,  no way.  I'm a camera girl all the way.  I would stick with the Lumix.  As far as an photo editing feature, eBay has a very good one.  Your photos are good & clear, but they need to be brightened up a bit.  Give it a try.  When you're editing your photos there's a little pencil on the left hand side of the frame.  Click on it & you'll see all the editing options you can use.  I was pleasantly surprised as I have always used Adobe to clean up my photos.  

Happy Snapping and Selling!

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

Thank you so much for your information. I just saw this post. I know it’s been a while but I don’t know how to navigate through eBay very well what model do you have

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

is this model, a newer camera or quite old

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

What model are you using?

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

Thank you so much

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

I use my pixel 7 pro, nearby share them to a desktop, drop them in a sync folder that syncs them to all my devices, and usually use my laptop to list. I do have a nice-ish Nikon but hate plugging up usb's or card readers.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@buddyboy4949 

A panasonic Lumix...12X...awesome camera! For my outdoor shoots I use a Nikon d7000.

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@tecnim_0 

You cannot spam or advertise with links to your shop or business.  It is against the forum policy and will be removed.  Please be respectful of the forum and stop piggybacking on old threads to advertise your off site spam. 

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

I had a 10 year old Cannon powershot that  I liked it and was used to it, when it needed replaced I found a 

like new one right here on ebay  for a great price because the demand for 10 year old cameras is pretty low.

I have a laserjet printer that if it dies I will try to do the same.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply