cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLASSIC VIEW TAKEN AWAY AGAIN WHY NOT GIVE SELLERS AN OPTION

We are again requesting that eBay listen to the people who support eBay.  The people who spend time to list items, sell items and the buyers who support eBay.  This reminds me of what is happening with the so called "Super League" soccer fiasco.  The fans spoke and soccer world listened.  You can give your supporters the option.

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: CLASSIC VIEW TAKEN AWAY AGAIN WHY NOT GIVE SELLERS AN OPTION

eBay have discontinued it so sellers can get used to using Seller Hub for when you are switched to MP - there are many many many threads about this already, have a read through them.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

eBay have discontinued it so sellers can get used to using Seller Hub for when you are switched to MP - there are many many many threads about this already, have a read through them.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 37
latest reply

Believe me I have read through, participated, and contributed to many.  I have expressed my opinion on "Weekly Chat" and had eBay reply.  This is not the first go around. The community participated and eBay reversed it on April 1, fooled us,  and now we are there again, and they have decided Sellers' opinion on this matter means nothing.  This is a ridiculous model that waste precious time. They keep changing and changing and the changes does not increase sales. What time should be spent on by eBay is to increase sales.  We need a model that increases sales not waste time.

Message 3 of 37
latest reply

its another great example of having too many hot shot employees who have to justify their jobs...   Why in the world would you delete the option to use the old seller page if you preferred it to this new over thought **bleep**.

I just love having to do 2 to 3 more clicks and page scans to get where I used to right off the bat.   Reminds me of "New Coke"..     just stop meddling around with things that aren't broke, or at least leave the option to use the old format.    Thanks for worse than nothing Ebay management 

Message 4 of 37
latest reply

I've been in Managed Payments since Aug. 2020 and had the Classic View up until today when Ebay redirected me to the New page in Seller Hub.  I have also had access to Seller Hub for several years now.  Not much I can use there, except to see how long they are sitting on my funds in MP.  "User Friendly" does not appear to be in eBay's vocabulary.  Every change they make is one disappointment after another. 

Message 5 of 37
latest reply

I just cannot help myself I must comment.  Like you said Seller Hub not much one can use there.  Too much unnecessary stuff.  Although I have been on eBay only 6 years this time.  I used to be a real eBayer that went to the various conferences all over the US, it was fun and I enjoyed participating, collection pins, and meeting other eBayers.  This is a different eBay that is changing by the hour.  Just do no like the continuous changes that does nothing to make selling easier but instead waste time.

Message 6 of 37
latest reply

Definitely agree.  They just continue to meddle and make people less enthused.  

Message 7 of 37
latest reply

I do not know why there is a  "Go to solution" attached to my post.  There is no solution.  I have no idea why that is attached to my post and will need to notify eBay.  I did not put that there.

Message 8 of 37
latest reply

I stopped using the "classic" page when I started doing listings with the Out of Stock option. It really wasn't supported well on classic, but I did venture in from time to time. I do realize that some do really like it.

Just this evening the "classic" was removed from my selling accounts. I agree that the new one is a horrible mess.  5 items per page  !!!!!!!  Complete nonsense.

I have been using the "seller's hub" even with all the clicking.

"The hub" can be "customized" to remove that which you feel is "clutter".

One "square" has just recently been added. Those choosing the hub may find that square makes "the hub" more workable.  The new square All Selling shows 4 choices for what most sellers are likely interested in.

Active listing page can be adjusted to 200 items rather than "5".

hub add all selling.jpg

Message 9 of 37
latest reply

@marviolet wrote:

Definitely agree.  They just continue to meddle and make people less enthused.  

@marviolet   I think you are coming very close to home on this post ... forcing a page with worthless information across the whole screen and lacking any running Monthly sales totals and NO Auction information at all is a complete disgrace ... I knew this page would come back and it did BUT I thought they were taking all our Comments the last time around ... they sure didn't get all the feedback or perhaps they are incapable of programming math that does not involved 31 days ... I am really disgusted with this to be honest and yes, I have lost enthusiasm to Sell on eBay ... more work being forced and less information in one place is so inefficient its not even funny ... too many Prop 64 breaks out there that's for sure.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 37
latest reply

Now we sit and wait for what comes next.  Inefficient is the key here.  I ponder.

Message 11 of 37
latest reply

TOTALLY AGREE. THE NEW SELLER HUB IS AWFUL.  PLEASE BRING BACK THE CLASSIC VIEW OPTION FOR FOLKS WHO DON'T NEED ALL THE  'BELLS & WHISTLES' OFFERED IN THE SELLER HUB. THE HUB IS VERY TIME CONSUMING TO NAVIGATE.  ALL I WANT IS A SIMPLE PAGE WHERE I CAN QUICKLY SEE A LIST OF ITEMS I HAVE FOR SALE, HOW MANY VIEWS, AND WHEN THE LISTING EXPIRES. GIVE US THE OPTION TO CONTINUE USING THE CLASSIC VIEW.  AS A PROGRAMMER MYSELF I KNOW THIS IS NOT A DIFFICULT ASK.

Message 12 of 37
latest reply

TOTALLY AGREE.  THE SELLER HUB IS INCREDIBLY INEFFICIENT.   eBAY IS FAILING ITS CUSTOMERS. BRING BACK THE CLASSIC VIEW.

Message 13 of 37
latest reply

FORCING SELLERS TO NAVIGATE THRU ALL THE CLUTTER OF THE NEW SELLER HUB IS ABSURD.  THE CLASSIC VIEW IS COMPACT, EFFICIENT, AND A TIME SAVER.  I'M NOT INTERESTED IN SPENDING HOURS LEARNING HOW TO CUSTOMIZE A VIEW THAT IS STILL USELESS!  GIVE US THE OPTION TO CONTINUE WITH THE CLASSIC VIEW.  IT'S NOT A DIFFICULT PROGRAMMING ASK. 

Message 14 of 37
latest reply

Thank you a post ! have a good day ! every all

Message 15 of 37
latest reply