cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyers Mistakenly Selecting Local Pickup At Checkout

I've been suddenly having this issue in the past 2 months of so, that has never happened in all my years as an eBay seller. Recently I keep getting buyers selecting local pickup at checkout, but expect shipping. I assume this is due to a change eBay has made to the checkout process. I immediately contact them after purchase as ask when they would like to arrange pickup, with no response. A week later I get an "item not received" claim opened, or a message from them confused as to why they didn't get their item.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a solution outside of just waiting for eBay to fix it?

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Buyers Mistakenly Selecting Local Pickup At Checkout

It depends on the item. In my experience, if it's not small enough to use USPS, then the only available shipping options could get very expensive to PR.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Why don't you offer free shipping to PR? It might take longer but the cost is no more than  to ship to zone 8 

@fab_finds4u 

Actually, there is a problem with PR.  It depends on how the buyer registered in the first place.  Even though it is the SAME PLACE, if the buyer registered as PR being a "state" of the US, your assertion would be correct.  If the buyer registered with PR as a "country", eBay/Adyen treats it like an international sale.  

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

I'm seeing this issue at my end. I probably have 90%+ calculated shipping with option for local pick-up. My other 5%+ are too large to ship.

In the past four days, I received 3 different offers and 3 different items that have calculated shipping cost. Locations of the potential buyers were Texas and Florida.

Each of these offers just show what the buyer is offering and '+local pick up'. It sounds like if I accept, I won't be able to print a shipping label per your experience. 

I know these buyers are not going to drive from Texas and Florida to Indiana!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply