cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer who has left HUNDREDS of Negative Feedbacks

Buyer bought multiple items from me yesterday. I looked at his feedback left for others and he seems unhinged. He’s left what appears to be hundreds maybe thousands of negatives. Looks like more than half of the feedback he leaves is negatives. Some of his feedbacks are for insane reasons. Such as where the post office left the package. Or for clothing that didn’t fit. Most of his feedbacks are written with all capital letters. Such as dozens of negatives to different sellers just saying JUNK. As well as negative feedbacks for dozens of electronics all with different sellers just stating they died instantly or something extremely similar. Hard to believe that that same issue could occur with dozens of items in the same time period and harder to believe if that was the truth that he’d continue buying them on eBay. And somehow this guy has been a eBay member for more than 20 years. Already planning on using like $10 worth of bubble wrap to protect the three tiny cheap items he bought, and to send like 5 items for free, and shipping faster than my handling time says, maybe even lose more money to give this guy two day shipping. And already expecting some **bleep** message when they arrive fishing for a refund which I’ll have to give. Better to lose 20 bucks than hundreds. I know if the feedback he leaves is unjust and the Agent looks at his history it should get removed but I’ve noticed whenever I get a negative feedback sales drop significantly. So I’d rather do everything I can to avoid getting one from him even if it wouldn’t be there for long. Is there anything else I can do? I already reported him on every item he purchased. Had to select random report reasons since there’s no abusing feedback option. But I stated what the buyer does in my reports. Can’t even block this guy because if he tries to buy something else and sees he’s blocked that’ll probably make him more likely to leave negatives. I’ve received negatives for canceled orders it the past even when a buyer requested it so I guess I’m forced to endure this guy and potentially put my income at risk because of a $20 sale?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Already planning on using like $10 worth of bubble wrap to protect the three tiny cheap items he bought, and to send like 5 items for free, and shipping faster than my handling time says, maybe even lose more money to give this guy two day shipping.

Don't bother. Seriously, don't pander to people like this.  Ship as you would normally, don't give them free things and don't try to buy positive feedback, good vibes or anything else.

I've had negs/neuts and it has never affected my sales - being human we look for patterns that are often just coincidence.

Having said that, I'm sorry you got this person.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I would suggest first reporting their feedback history to ebay.. abuse of the feedback system is a suspendable offense. Secondly.. I would cancel the order and let the buyer know the reason honestly. 

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I am surprised this person has not been restricted by ebay from buying. Report this immediately to ebay so they can do something about this.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Why send free items to this crazy customer?

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

And, when you've finished dealing with your current transaction with this person, BLOCK THIS BUYER. 

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I had a buyer exactly like yours but my buyer not only left negative comments but also very evil putrid vile reviews of one’s merchandise saying it is counterfeit, or lowest quality or probably stolen… Really bad feedback.

But fearful of him, I proceeded with the sale as usual, as normal & for whatever reason ?  he didn’t leave me any feedback.

I followed his account for decades where he continued to leave most bad awful feedback I ever saw.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

First off getting a negative feedback doesn't effect sales or traffic so don't concern yourself about that.

Second, you are worrying wayyyyy to much about this. Just ship your item as you normally would for anyone else.

If you get a negative then big deal, you get it removed.

It's very easy to get negative feedbacks removed. I've gotten every negative I've received, removed within a week or less regardless if it was a return or not.

Good luck & take it easy seriously.... it's just reselling.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I have seen these accounts. Youtube creator crazeenydriver has made a few videos on people like this. It is very obvious money is more important over members abiding by the rules in Ebays eyes. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I rarely look at the feedback my buyers give.  If I'm considering an offer, I will, but if it's a purchase I don't go looking for anxiety.  Buyers like this prey upon sellers that fear feedback.  They benefit from enough refunds to reinforce continuing to do this. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I have had a couple buyers leave me negative over the years and when I check their profile they always leave negatives. Now if I see that I will refund before shipping the item out. No point giving them a free item and getting a negative for it.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@electronicifycanada wrote:

I have had a couple buyers leave me negative over the years and when I check their profile they always leave negatives. Now if I see that I will refund before shipping the item out. No point giving them a free item and getting a negative for it.

I don't understand this at all.  What reason do you use to cancel?  There isn't one to use in this situation and you can earn a defect on your record for doing so.   That will also give the buyer a ligament reason to give bad feedback.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I'll select "Other" for the cancel reason, and I don't care about getting dinged. It's so rare the ding means nothing to me.

I'll also respond to the negative saying "Buyer only leaves negative feedback" so other buyers see it.

I'm not giving free items away cause eBay can't get their act together.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

contacting eBay might get a little time consuming, but it's worth a try.

I would cancel order due to buyers address and then block them. Nothing positive will come out of this transaction.

You are owner, so it's your decision on what you think is best for you. 

Best Wishes!

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

I looked at some of items for sale and they are really cool. I wouldn't worry about any negative feedback.

I have some buyers as well I worry about.

I ended doing something certified today due to the person's feedback as well. This buyer only buys one item from someone and never buys from them again. I know the sellers he is buying from because they all leave feedback immediately. A bad sign. I sell stamps and most buyers are repeat buyers. They go back and buy again to the same sellers. I took a chance and mailed his item. I can afford to lose the sale even with tracking. I just think it would be interesting to see what happens.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply