cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants a refund saying that buyer did not receive item.

Like the title says i have a buyer that is stating that they did not receive the item and requested a refund. Tracking number says otherwise and I have messages from buyer stating that buyer has received the item. Also the listing says No refunds. How can I fight this and if I do will ebay side with me? Thank you for any help.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer wants a refund saying that buyer did not receive item.

just let it go!

If they want to open a case, it sounds like you have everything to prove otherwise (tracking # & e-mails).

You might consider blocking them.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

So are you saying the buyer said he did receive the item and then came back to say he did not receive it? 

If he has NOT opened an Item Not Received case, reply to his message with the tracking number and point out that he did receive it, and that he told you so. 

If he DID open a case, enter the tracking number into the case EVEN THOUGH EBAY ALREADY HAS IT.  This will protect you from having to refund the buyer.  Then give him the same information I suggested before, pointing out that he already told you he received it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

NO RETURNS does not mean no refunds.

Have they opened a case?

What kind??

If a non receipt of item then:

If so put in the tracking information on the case.

That should protect you for the moment.

Of course they can also go to their payment methods for a refund. Just saying.

And

If they open a item not as described case: then return for refund. It gives you cost of return shipping (eBay choice and usually costly) but gives you option that no return for refund, and then refund does not.

Such is a decision should be based on :

Is the buyer scamming you.

And throwing the cost of return away to a refund.

Make sure to put them on your blocked bidders list.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You have seller protection when someone claims they didn't receive the item but the tracking shows it was delivered.  Just be polite and professional.  Let your buyer know the tracking shows the item was delivered on XXXX.  Whatever date that was.  

You should not say no refunds in your listings as this is simply something you can not enforce.  If this buyer had not of received their item, it is likely you would have to refund them whether by choice or if you make Ebay force it.

What I see in your listings is that you to not take returns.  That doesn't mean you won't refund.  Two different things.

The return policies options are as follows.

1. No Returns
  2. 30 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  3. 60 day returns w/ buyer pays shipping
  4. 30 day returns w/ seller pays shipping, AKA Free Returns
  5. 60 day returns w/ seller pays shipping. AKA Free Returns
  6. 14 Day returns in certain categories

With option number 1, No Returns the seller can completely deny taking a return for a Buyer's Remorse Return Request.  Or if they want to they can accept the return and have the buyer pay the return shipping.  If the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer.

On options 2 & 3 the buyer is responsible for the return shipping on a Buyer's Remorse Return.  Plus if the seller so chooses they can withhold the original shipping if it was separately stated on the listing [not free shipping] when it is time to refund the buyer. As of October 1st 2019, sellers that are TRS have some additional protections as well as they can issue partial refunds if they options 2 or 3 as their return policy.

On options 4 & 5 above, they are also known as Free Returns.  If a seller that has either of those policies they will pay the return shipping even on a buyer's remorse return.  A seller can withhold the original shipping value from the refund if the shipping was separately stated in the listing [not free shipping].  Also Seller’s offering options 4 or 5 have the ability to do partial refunds in certain cases if the item arrives back damaged, missing something or in a condition less than what it was sent to the buyer in, see the policy for more details, the link is below.  In the cases where a deduction in the refund is taken due to damage or other authorized reasons for a partial refund, Ebay will protect the seller from negative or neutral feedback.

ALL OPTIONS [1, 2, 3, 4 and 5] are required to process SNAD claims without exception.  Even if they are improperly filed and should have been a Buyer’s Remorse claim.

All return policies by sellers must meet or exceed what is stated in the Money Back Guarantee Policy!

14 day return policies are allowed in certain categories: Jewelry & Watches, Collectibles & Art, Cameras & Photo and Medical, Mobility & Disability Equipment.

For those with Free Return and/or TRS members with 30 day return policies, there are some added protection benefits, one of which is the ability to do a discounted refund under certain conditions.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Hi,   On 1 of my other accounts, I just had something odd happen. I was told I received the item, which I did not. I called E-bay & a very nice person helped me. They checked  & the item was mailed to Hawaii not to Chicago.  Now there is no way for us to know this & I lucked out with someone who knew how to check. They opened a case for me & they helped us both out. It was only a $5.00 item w/ free shipping, however it was a stocking stuffer for my Husband. I have been on "Lockdown" for 2 years now, so shopping on line is what I do. I was glad E-bay fixed it for both the seller & myself. But I am sad that I will not get the nice stocking stuffer I was hoping for. Stay safe everyone!

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@raischarmu0 wrote:

Hi,   On 1 of my other accounts, I just had something odd happen. I was told I received the item, which I did not. I called E-bay & a very nice person helped me. They checked  & the item was mailed to Hawaii not to Chicago.  Now there is no way for us to know this & I lucked out with someone who knew how to check. They opened a case for me & they helped us both out. It was only a $5.00 item w/ free shipping, however it was a stocking stuffer for my Husband. I have been on "Lockdown" for 2 years now, so shopping on line is what I do. I was glad E-bay fixed it for both the seller & myself. But I am sad that I will not get the nice stocking stuffer I was hoping for. Stay safe everyone!

If you take the tracking number to the USPS and present it to them, they can give you the EXACT GPS coordinates of the location an item was delivered.  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@raischarmu0 

May I ask why you have been on "lockdown" for 2 years or does it just seem that long??

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Just let it be.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply