cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer wants a refund larger then what ebay states they paid

mrsping29
Adventurer

I have a customer who bought internationally from me. They state that they paid 74$ for the item but in the sale detail it says they only paid 42$. This is the amount ebay will refund to them if i try to refund their money. This is the amount i received fr9m their sale also. They have requested a full refund on item not as described case. I have yet to refund their order as i know they will try to say its a partial refund when obviously its not.   What shall i do?Screenshot_20211014-152455_Chrome.jpg

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyer wants a refund larger then what ebay states they paid

It may be impossible, through the INR, for the seller to refund more than the buyer paid but it is not impossible for eBay to do so. Similar to the way they take the $20 processing fee out of your account for loosing a contested chargeback. 

Message 16 of 24
latest reply

Agree that those were some important details missing from the OP. This is a no brainer and seller should issue the refund for at least the $42 of the original purchase + shipping cost. The custom fees are a bit of a gray area. 

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

It may be impossible, through the INR, for the seller to refund more than the buyer paid but it is not impossible for eBay to do so. 

There is no INR involved in the OP's situation.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@mrsping29 

@duncanvr 

Your going to have to get ebay to back you since its a GSP sale you should have protection.

State in the case that this was a GSP shipment. If the problem is damage in transit, you are off the hook.

The import fees were not actually paid by the buyer.

The buyer paid GSP to pay the import fees.

The buyer has to retrieve those fees from the GSP, not from you and not from eBay.

It's an important technicality.

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

ts a download, the buyer is committing fraud, file with the BBB, the FTC, and **bleep** an ebay admin up a wall about that **bleep**. no refunds on downloads, **bleep** is trying to get her money back and how the **bleep** do you "Return" a download? so tired of hearing about buyers filing fraudulent not as described bull**bleep** and ebay backing it. go over ebays head and crush that **bleep**. I deal with the same **bleep** myself. my response to ebay is to send them the listing details, and all  the info and go "Its not a Not As Described Issue, this is a buyer fraud issue and if you **bleep** STEAL from me, I will be pressing criminal charges against all parties involved" ebay has closed every case like this in my favor, but ONLY if you go to the government regulators, FTC, BBB, ETC. NEVER let ebay be the mediator in any dispute. they are the WORST business partner on earth.

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

also dont listen to these morons telling you to honor it. make sure to send ebay all the details, remember, even if ebay already HAS all the details, they're lazy worthless sacks of rat crap, so you need to send them in the refund request, or they will not look at them. also, make sure to send those things to the FTC and BBB too.  Do not bow to ebay, your listing clearly stated what was being purchased.  The Buyers Failure TO READ is not your fault.  and frankly. when a buyer is requesting a sum of money in faaaar excess of what they paid, they are an obvious scammer. this person purchased your item with the intent to steal and ebay is doing its usual of backing up the internet shoplifter.  DONT LET THEM. do like I have instructed and Ebay will rule in your favor, because they have to. If they dont. File Fraud charges with the proper authorities, if there was mail involved, including mail fraud charges, which are Federal and have to be tried in the jurisdiction of the VICTIM(you) but you wont have to do that, cuz ebay may be dumb and may usually rule with the buyer, even in cases of theft like this. but once you pull in an outside mediator, ebay is powerless.  Never let ebay handle **bleep**, they are not your ally, they are not your friend, and they're not looking out for you.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

seriously, I recently had a case just like this. sold a pair of foam lightning buckler shields. buyer claimed Not As Described, and included pictures. the pictures, was of the lightning buckler shields he had purchased, same as the picture from the listing, cuz this buyer was used to Ebay always backing up buyer claims, even fraudulent ones. long story short, I went to the BBB and FTC, they contacted ebay about the potential fraud, and ebay closed the case in my favor with no refund. and Ive been in this exact sitution when I was like you. when I left it up to ebay. Ebay let someone steal $500 from me and destroy my artwork. they recieved a shipment of 20 handmades, destroyed half with a razor knife, claimed damaged in shipping (when I had email from them telling me they'd "Checked" the work with a **bleep** razor knife) and ebay stole from me. never again. If i had gone to the authorities then I'd have won. Never let ebay mediate **bleep**. they are a biased judge.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

Your bound by "Terms of Use" minute you use the site - standard terms on every web site on internet. Can't get around the terms just because you object to them. You either accept & use site or do not accept by not using the site. Pretty much rules out your advice.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply