cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer claims item is not received, but USPS tracking shows Delivered

I sold an expensive item to a buyer.  The item had tracking and signature confirmation.

Tracking says: Delivered, Individual Picked Up at Postal Facility

Buyer claims he did not receive the item.  I provided the tracking, but says that is is incorrect.

He says it is my responsibility to investigate the issue and recover item.

What should I do and who's responsibility is it to resolve the issue?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Buyer claims item is not received, but USPS tracking shows Delivered

The ball is actually in the buyers court to make a trip to said postal office since it is in his town.

Face to face with the postmaster if needed and find out where his shipment is. 

Another thing is to verify the address from the shipping label to make sure the buyer entered the correct address when making the purchase.

The buyer can open a Item Not Received case and if the buyer does that, go into the case and respond accordingly. You may have to re-enter the tracking number and enter text into the case. You will win the case.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sellers are NOT responsible for theft.   When customer opens "did not receive item" case...all you need to do is provide tracking# proving item was delivered.   EBAY will rule in your favor.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It says someone came down and picked it up.  Which means ID was shown.  Which also means there is security camera footage that probably hasnt been overwritten yet.  How they would give it to someone not him would be a real head-scratcher.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I believe I also opted in for signature confirmation.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sig Conf doesn't have to be the person it's addressed to though.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Let the buyer do what they want to do. You are done with delivery. And don't email the buyer anymore.

If buyer wants to open a claim...so be it...doesn't mean buyer will win. I had a buyer open a claim after 6 months and 2 buyers after 3 months. I did nothing and won. And those shipments had no tracking. LOL

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

So, there are two forms of signature confirmation.

One is digital and one is written. A person sending an item has to ask for the written confirmation signature. The cost is the same. A lot of sellers don't know about this and digital might be used. I always ask for a written signature because I am paying for a signature. I go to the post office every darn week and learn these darn dumb things I didn't know. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@thesolesociety wrote:

I believe I also opted in for signature confirmation.

Required for transactions over $750.

Not a bad idea on some lesser orders as long as the buyer knows they have to be there to sign for it.

Many Buyers despise signature required, especially if they don't know it is coming with signature required.

I always inform them in advance.

Posting ID
Message 9 of 9
latest reply