cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer cannot initiate cancellation within 1 hour of purchase

Hello, A buyer paid for an order and when he tried to cancel it within one hour of purchase , the cancellation button didn't appear for him ; only a contact seller button was available . He used this button to send a message to the seller who initiated the request from his side.

I thought cancellation option would be available to the buyer , and the seller would then get a cancellation request through search cancellation call in Post Order API but this didn't happen. https://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/post-order/post-order_v2_cancellation_search__get.html

Is there a reasonable explanation to why this happen? Is this feature only available for unpaid orders? Thank you

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Are you the buyer, the seller or some third party?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Was a shipping label already printed?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Does the one-hour cancellation privilege only apply to auction listings?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No restrictions I can see.   Respond to a cancellation request from a buyer

A buyer can request to cancel a transaction within 1 hour of purchasing the item, even if they've already paid for the item.

When a buyer asks to cancel a transaction, you have 3 days to approve or decline the request.

If you approve the cancellation request and the buyer has already paid for the item, you have 10 days to refund the buyer.

If your buyer cancels a purchase, they can't leave you negative or neutral Feedback or low detailed seller ratings about the transaction.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I'm the developer who integrates with ebay seller API, I work for the seller. So I'm expecting to receive cancellation requests through the post order API but this doesn't happen because the buyer is unable to submit a cancellation request as i explained above.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No , the order was not yet shipped.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@isramoeme-0 wrote:

I'm the developer who integrates with ebay seller API, I work for the seller. So I'm expecting to receive cancellation requests through the post order API but this doesn't happen because the buyer is unable to submit a cancellation request as i explained above.

Then maybe it’s an issue on your end? Either that or the buyer isn’t tying to request the cancellation within 1 hour.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

The cancellation option is available to items that are BIN. Even 5 minutes after the item has been paid for. I know because I did this last night when shopping for supplies.

Photobucket"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's happened to me too!  About a couple of months ago, to a BIN order.  Less than an hour after the order was placed I received an eBay message saying

"Hi sorry but I need to cancel.  I tried how I am supposed to but it's not working, says it's "too late', can you help?"

I had already printed out the eBay label.

I tried on my end, didn't work.  Yes, tried marking it unshipped.

Voided the label and ended up simply refunding her - no other real work-around.

I lose FVF but have a happy Customer that did return later on.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply