cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer cancelation scam..?

Hello, so I was selling an item, then someone decided to purchase it, but they started saying that they needed to cancel but if not I can ship to a certain location because the location they have on their account is wrong, they kept saying that over and over. But I cannot cancel because it would take 167 dollars from me and I do not have that at all, is this a scam? Or do I ship it off? Please help I’m very confused.

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Buyer cancelation scam..?

i still have it, they bought it last night, I’m figuring it out though !

Message 31 of 47
latest reply

Ah thank you so much 

Message 32 of 47
latest reply

@campb_joant wrote:

Sorry sorry, the way the messages load on here are kinda slow and I explain things horribly. Okay so, I’m currently unsure if I am paid, it says I am holding the payment, if that means I am paid then yes. And I didn’t actually ship the item off just yet in all words either.

At the risk of further complicating things...

1. What did you sell? I can't see any recently sold items under the account you're using here. Sold items can take a day or so to show to others as Sold, but this would help us to get an idea of how likely this is to be a scam.
  2. Was the message you received from the same eBay ID as the person who made the original purchase? That's critical. A message coming to you from any ID other than the person who actually bought the item from you should be ignored. Was this actually your buyer sending that address change request?

You always send to the address received with the payment, nowhere else. If that really was your buyer sending that change request, you can cancel the sale as Buyer Requested. If it was not the real buyer, ignore it and ship to the payment address.

Message 33 of 47
latest reply

I read what everyone told me to do, I cancel it and etc. thank you guys very much. I am gonna accept one as a solution so I can do what I’ve been told by everyone.

Message 34 of 47
latest reply

I sold an oculus quest. And if I may ask, where can I find the ID?

Message 35 of 47
latest reply

If you sold it on this account, please be careful, I see nothing in your Sold list. 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 36 of 47
latest reply

Yea, I’m unsure why it’s not showing, but I’ll cancel the listing whenever I get the chance hopefully. 

Message 37 of 47
latest reply

@campb_joant wrote:

Yea, I’m unsure why it’s not showing, but I’ll cancel the listing whenever I get the chance hopefully. 

It is starting to seem like you may not actually have been paid for it yet, as soon as the buyer pays it should show in your solds, so you may simply be able to just cancel - problem with address and no refund necessary.

Don't rush in to do anything, give it a day to see if it does appear in your solds and if not Cancel.

Quick question: Is Occulus Quest a digital item? or a physical item?

Message 38 of 47
latest reply

Okay great great. Tomorrow I will let you know what happened.

Message 39 of 47
latest reply

Send the buyer a message stating that, "you can only ship out to the address provided in the order details. "

Message 40 of 47
latest reply

Not sure why you replied to me, but while this is good advice, this is not the issue the seller has.

Message 41 of 47
latest reply

@campb_joant wrote:

Hmmm... something is amiss here. Are you sure that you have been actually paid? The way to be sure is to go to your MyeBay>Selling>Orders>Awaiting Shipment. If your sold item is not there, it's because someone is sending you a fake payment notice, and hoping that you will ship it to them at the changed address... OR the buyer hasn't actually completed payment yet.

If your item in question IS there awaiting shipment, you can go to the drop-down box and enter the cancellation and refund process there.

If you don't want to sell to this particular buyer because of the confusion it has caused, you can add their buyer ID to your Blocked Bidder List.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 42 of 47
latest reply

What?!?!! Why would you ship it and then cancel? You just gave away your item and gave them a refund! Best you can do is try to recall the package with whichever carrier you used to ship. Hopefully they can reroute that package back to you.

Message 43 of 47
latest reply

I actually didn’t ship it yet it’s still here, I’d normally ship it a day before so I could be ready to do so since I have a transportation to take me to do what I need to do, I don’t really know if that’s a bad thing to do but I’d normally do that.

Message 44 of 47
latest reply

Ohh hmm, so people can “pay” for it but it’s actually not real money?

Message 45 of 47
latest reply